about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Monday, February 2

Accidental Unnecessary Quotes or is Food Network's Homepage Trying to Tell Us Something?

I was just checking out the FoodNetwork.com homepage and saw this little mention of the second season of Ted Allen's show Food Detectives, which promises "all new" questions and answers. Do those unnecessary quotes really imply questions and answers you've probably already seen on Discovery Health or TLC?



I'm not sure.

Regardless, it doesn't beat my favorite example of unnecessary quotes, seen in this pic I actually took in NYC last September.




Truth be told, I did get my "free" cone that day. And it was both "new" and "certified organic!"

Labels: ,

 

12 Comments:

At 2/02/2009 9:12 PM , Blogger Angie said...

Ha! The second picture made me giggle. Maybe that's FN's way of telling us Alton Brown already answered those "all new" question and answers?

 
At 2/02/2009 10:09 PM , Blogger Sarah Clark said...

Admittedly I'm not a hardcore Food Detectives viewer (I'll watch if there's nothing else on, but I think Ted is a lot better unscripted), but I don't think I've ever seen anything on there that hadn't already been covered at least once by either AB or the Mythbusters.

 
At 2/02/2009 11:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

meat the new boss
same as the old boss

 
At 2/03/2009 9:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snooze. These shows suck. YAY. Hell's Kitchen is back.

 
At 2/03/2009 9:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The quotation marks always make my day, along with the grocer's apostrophe (carrot's on sale)

 
At 2/03/2009 11:30 AM , Blogger JordanBaker said...

yes, but was it "peanut butter?"

 
At 2/03/2009 11:43 AM , Blogger jacob said...

I should actually correct myself. It was "new' (Notice the interesting use of double and single quotes throughout. TLC obviously uses some sort of advanced quotation mark system we minions are unaware of.)

 
At 2/03/2009 1:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The soft serve sounds "good". I think I "want" some. Would you "recommend" it?

 
At 2/03/2009 2:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ted was alright on Top Chef. He does a decent job on ICA and seems quite genuine.

As for Food Detectives, whoever talked him into this is gonna ruin his career. The format, the writing, the narration, just brutal. Painful to listen to.

 
At 2/03/2009 2:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree Alex. He's also very dry on Chopped.

 
At 2/03/2009 6:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really? Does anyone over the age of 15 wonder if certain foods can make you smell? I mean come on! So the show will spend 7.9 minutes explaining how the odor can come back out of our pores. FANTASTIC! I feel soooo much smahta now!

 
At 2/03/2009 6:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

anon 11:19 - reference from The Who? Good one!

Jacob, nice "catch" on the FN website. :-D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive