about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Friday, February 27

BubbleQ 2009 - SoBe Wine & Food Fest

For those of you following my tweets, you already know about all that went on at BubbleQ 2009, down at the South Beach Wine & Food Festival. But I still have a lotta pics to share!

As you know, Bravo's Tom Colicchio hosted the big event. It was only fitting that the first two celebs I saw upon entering were Tom himself and Mr. Al Roker, who I had just shared an elevator with earlier in the day!


Unlike last year's BubbleQ, in which host Giada De Laurentiis mainly chatted with fans and took some rest breaks (she was very pregnant, so I give her a pass!), Tom was so involved with the cooking and plating that it was nearly impossible to get a good pic of him. Such a dedicated host!

We made the BIG mistake of eating at Emeril's restaurant in the Lowes hotel right before we went over. I was not hungry at all and consequently missed out on a bunch of yummy looking things BBQ and sweets. I hear the Neelys' ribs were great, though.




Luckily, the Perrier-Jouet champagne was flowing nonstop, which I somehow made room for.


I got to chat with Simply Delicioso star Ingrid Hoffman a bit, whom I had met last year but only got to talk with for like one second. She was very, very nice and seemed to be having a great time.





I also got pics with both of the Neelys, so I guess that make me an honorary Neely? Look for me in those little pictures that flash up during the eps (JK).

SoBe first-timer Sunny Anderson was also there, of course. Thanks to miss Sunny for hooking us up all weekend!


Guy Fieri and his entourage was up on this little stage, too, but I didn't push to get a pic with him. At one point I heard Guy ask the security to "send up like 10" bottles of champagne. Fancy!

I also spotted ex-Food Network host George Duran, who made it up to the little Food Network area. Awkward? He and Susie Fogelson were chatting it up like old friends, so maybe there are no hard feelings.

I should have more video up soon from the night. After BubbleQ, we headed down to the Paris Theater for Paula Deen's poker party. Paula told yet another dirty joke there, which I have on tape!

*******************

Lovin' that it's Friday, but haven't really been able to catch up at all this week. Hopefully I'll get it together this weekend. Have a great one, everybody!

Labels: , , , ,

 

12 Comments:

At 2/27/2009 3:37 PM , Blogger Freddy said...

That is so cool. I know he is not on food network but I would love to meetTom Colicchio and eat at his resturants. That is too bad you ate already, sounds like some good food was there. Thanks for the pics, very cool. :)

 
At 2/27/2009 4:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Tom too. I also think Pat is a doll. He seems like such a cool guy too. Ingrid looked really good in that picture.

All and all it looks like alot of fun!

Tell us more.

 
At 2/27/2009 8:20 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Great to see a picture of Ingrid Hoffmann here. She is not featured enough. Looks like a fantastic night. Oh, and I love that pic of Gina Neely.

 
At 2/27/2009 9:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gina Neely sure does love dancin uh ? I just can't wait till she starts to jig on Road Tasted. I wait all week for it.

 
At 2/28/2009 12:12 AM , Blogger Charles said...

Why do I want to see Pat Nelly tearin' u up from behind Jacob?! That would SOBE hot! Anyways, nice pics and yes Ingrid looks really pretty in that pic. And I have to say though I don't care for her shows Sunny seems so genuinely sweet and OMG Jimmy Fallon just set Rachael Ray ablaze on a promo for his taking over the Tonight show!!!! OMG it's a FUNNY promo!! She's like, "just a splash of vermouth" and he like pours it on and she catches fire and starts screaming OMG it's horrible but funny!

 
At 2/28/2009 1:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charles you are such a PERV!!!!!

 
At 2/28/2009 10:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Charles would probably like Pat Neely tearing up his behind. Right Chuckles ?

Sound like his meds need adjustment.

 
At 3/01/2009 12:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you ask Pat Neely about how much BOTOX he puts in that face? Or about how he claims the restaurants he "owns" are really his Uncles?

 
At 3/01/2009 2:43 PM , Blogger Charles said...

To anon @ 10:09pm, quite possibly, yes! ;) That brown sugar he always gets can get a little stale. Maybe some super fine white sugar is what he be needing LOL

 
At 3/02/2009 10:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Charles, does that statement mean you like boys then ?

As for Interstate BBQ, yes they are owned by his uncle.Why in the world would be say he owns them ?

Oh well, something to get to the bottom of. Maybe we have some embellishment going on.That might lead to a "mischaracterization" of him. Right PAt ?

 
At 3/03/2009 6:05 PM , Blogger Charles said...

I go which ever way the wind blows, perv Simon hahahaha

 
At 3/07/2009 11:55 PM , Blogger Lenny K said...

I went to the grand tasting event and did this video! I loved the festival!! awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_gvOeVGNYE

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive