about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Thursday, February 5

Sunny Anderson's Lighting Gets Sunnier, Better

I've noticed this for a while now, but never got around to commenting on it. Have you noticed the new lighting on Sunny Anderson's show Cooking For Real?

Yes, her set has gone under a complete overhaul as well, but it's the lighting that really stands out to me. Take a look:


Sunny's window over her shoulder often has some some "sun" shining in, and there are actual shadows and bright spots which make the space look a lot more realistic and less How to Boil Water, which Tyler likened to a bright gymnasium in our interview last year.

And not to beat around the cake batter here, but Sunny's skin actually looks like her true skin tone now, instead of like that washed out Beyonce ad Loreal pulled recently. To Food Network's credit, I don't think that had anything to do with an attempt to lighten Sunny's skin on TV. More like it was just caused by cheaper, traditional TV studio lights (that do wash you out) instead of a more advanced lighting design. Luckily, I hear Cooking for Real now utilizes the same lighting designer from the expertly lit Tyler's Ultimate.

So which set do you dig more? The new one with the clear door fridge and sunny window, or the old, washed out one?

Labels: ,

 

19 Comments:

At 2/05/2009 7:49 PM , Blogger ChristopherM said...

I love the new one best. I have heard a lot of criticism of Sunny on here, and would encourage people to actually try her recipes because they are quite full of flavor. Those pork burgers she made are insanely delicious.

 
At 2/05/2009 7:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

love Sunny...she's a great cook!

 
At 2/05/2009 9:01 PM , Blogger Lys said...

I love that new set Sunny has! And, ChristopherM is correct - her recipes are quite good!

 
At 2/05/2009 11:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi FNA! Are you sure the new "sunshine" isn't from your new HD TV? LoL..maybe I just need a new tv....Or maybe the rich and tasty Bobby Deen will buy me one, I Love him :) hee hee

-The one and only
GirlyGirlJen

 
At 2/06/2009 7:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked her hair better in the first ep! But her set looks great now.

 
At 2/06/2009 9:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

She rocks. I love Sunny no matter what she looks like. But I do like her second set better. That glass fridge is faboo.

 
At 2/06/2009 11:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

She looks like she is wearing a wig all the time.

 
At 2/06/2009 11:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Light is everything. It's clear better lighting makes all the difference. ChrisM, there isn't a single tv, radio or movie personality who doesn't get skewered in forums like these - Sunny no exception. I've made some of her recipes too and haven't had one fail yet.

Keep cookin, Sunny!

re: glass fridge - heaven forbid I ever own one! I'd rather keep my rubbermaids, tupperwares and cling-wrapped bowls safely hidden behind an opaque door, tyvm.

:-)

 
At 2/06/2009 11:36 AM , Blogger JordanBaker said...

The second set is better, but her hair in that pick looks like she stole it from a Flavor of Love contestant and glued it on kind of jankity.

 
At 2/06/2009 12:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the one show I cannot watch so I didn't know there was a new set. Sunny's voice alone grates. LOL.

 
At 2/06/2009 3:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is the greatest of the new shows and OH SO MUCH better than the twit duo of Aida and Noah

 
At 2/06/2009 4:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aida, Noah, and Sunny are back to back crap. Alex and Anne is where it's at.

She is the greatest. OMG.

 
At 2/06/2009 4:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is either a terrible, cheap wig or the worst weave I've ever seen. She's cute but I hate her show and even if I liked it, her hair would be too great a distraction to ignore.

 
At 2/06/2009 6:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have noticed the nicer set and I like it. I think it is a common practice to put out the first 6 episodes as cheaply as possible and then if they are renewed they get better sets.

As far as Sunny and her recipes go.... I just think she tries to hard to not make a basic recipe. I DVR her show and watch the intro to see if there is something I might make. If yes, I will watch the episode, if not; delete.

Personally my favorite new chef is Anne with Alex running a close second.

 
At 2/07/2009 12:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunny is growing on me. Gone are the nervous irritating laughs. She's more relaxed.

 
At 2/09/2009 9:02 PM , Blogger Charles said...

Aida, Noah, and Sunny are back to back crap. Alex and Anne is where it's at.

Here Here Anon @ 4:05pm. I tried yet agin to watch these shows but they SUCK! Sunny's hair or fake hair was a hot tranny mess. And both shows are just boooring. Cancel them FN!!!!

I want more Anne!!!! That braised chix with the pureed almonds she did over the weekend looked dynamite!

 
At 2/21/2009 12:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Her hair is always in her face. The show is about the food, not how good her hair si suppose to look. Tie your hair back Sunny.....Please!

 
At 4/25/2009 12:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the show, but I think that she needs to stop eating her recipes or she is going to be as wide as the countertop.

 
At 10/31/2009 12:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

She is really a terrible cook. Her food is bordering on Rachel Ray's disgusting level. I sometimes get angry when turning on food network and her show is on and I hear her speaking. When is her 15 minutes up?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive