about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Tuesday, March 24

Rachael Ray Heats Up SXSW Party, Loses Voice Once Again

Lines reportedly stretched for more than a block at Rachael Ray's SXSW party, held this past Saturday in Austin, Texas. Unfortunately, my two roving reporters on the scene (Jared & Merideth) didn't make it to the big event. There was just too much going on!

Perhaps screaming during loud rock concerts wasn't the best idea.
Never seeming to be able to ditch the raspy voice, Rachael went and lost it once again. Bad RR!
"I can't talk. I was cheering on the band – all the talking today, it's got me completely hoarse," Rachael told People magazine.

The show must go on, though, and Rachael managed to tape the 500th episode of her talkshow while down in Austin. Bongo-loving Matthew McConaughey will guest on the special ep, set to air April 1.


While Rachael promised delicious sounding food at the party, the AV Club wasn't thrilled, calling it "pretty damn sub-par—not inedible, but by no means TV quality." Jeez. Maybe cuz it was free?

Labels:

 

12 Comments:

At 3/24/2009 9:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess this woman will not be happy until she is hospitalized without a choice for her throat problems... is she crazy or what? She needs to realize she has to deal with her health... I am worried about her.

 
At 3/24/2009 10:08 PM , Blogger alexlind said...

500 episodes? Really? I haven't even seen ONE episode! I must sooooo be living under a rock ....

 
At 3/25/2009 6:29 PM , Blogger Cristina Mathers said...

that's my boyfriend and my worst enemy!!!

 
At 3/25/2009 8:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could someone give me the 411 on Rachael Ray's throat problems? What is her medical condition and why isn't it being treated? Is it serious? Can she take medical steps to alleviate her scratchy, hoarse voice?

 
At 3/25/2009 11:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess she has a cyst on her vocal cord which has been suggested she have removed. Her surgery was scheduled for this past Dec and she pulled out in hopes she can do some alternative methods - I personally think she is in denial and should hot mess around with this potentially serious condition.

 
At 3/27/2009 12:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What if she permanently loses it? I mean she talks with her hands alot but it wouldn't be the same. Please take care Rach.

 
At 3/27/2009 7:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

She doesn't follow her Doctor's order's. She isn't aspose to be talking ALOT. Just watch her on her show she doesn't even let the guests talk. Scary!!!! And what a awful hair-do. What are they thinking she is only 40 years old!!!!!

 
At 3/28/2009 1:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow...i feel like such a bitch now.. I always got annoyed at her hoarseness! I had no idea she was having some med probs w/her throat.. boo! As much as i really cant stand her and her "enterprises" shes a fellow human... get well, sistah!

 
At 3/28/2009 3:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A "cyst," right. A medical problem so bad she bailed on the supposedly scheduled surgery.

Maybe if she could lay off the Marlboros and giant margaritas and shut the hell up for a while shed get better.

 
At 3/28/2009 11:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just Love Rachael!! I hope she gets well. She has been an inspiration to me for years now. Rach, please take care of yourself... you Rock!!!

 
At 4/02/2009 2:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i could give a flying CRAP about RR and her yelling and screaming and her throat problems. serious or not.
NOT my problem
not my business
doesn't affect me in the least
best thing would be she completely loses the ability to speak at all
then we do not have to see her flapping her yapper all over the place. she could use one of those cute little kids chalk boards and use chalk to scream at us. please, god.......

 
At 4/21/2009 1:07 PM , Blogger Didereaux said...

Rachel Ray has become increasingly the replacement for Sally Fields' Gidget...I predict her first movie will be 'Gidget Does the Kitchen'.(what a revolting thought!)

Rachel Ray has not only burned up her vocal chords, but all the wax in her candle as well.

DD

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive