about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Thursday, April 2

Daisy Martinez Gets Renewed for 6 More Episodes, Rachael Ray Co. Gets More Money

Food Network today announced that production will begin this month on a second "season" of Viva Daisy!, starring Daisy Martinez. Even though I wasn't blown away, I guess Daisy did dazzle enough to get resigned.


And now, the immortal words of Bob Tuschman:
"Daisy has a loyal and passionate following among food lovers. Her vibrant personality and easy approach to Latin dishes have made her a hit with our viewers, and we are excited to produce more episodes," said Bob Tuschman, Senior Vice President, Programming and Production for Food Network.

In case you forgot, Viva Daisy! is the first non-Rachael television venture for Watch Entertainment Inc., "the parent company for all Rachael Ray-related businesses including television production, licensing, merchandising and digital development."

Be on the lookout for more Rachael proteges on Food Network, handpicked by Ms. Ray herself. Yum-O.

Labels: , ,

 

14 Comments:

At 4/02/2009 4:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When is it on? I've never seen it and only know it exists because of this web site. Did they promote it at all?

 
At 4/02/2009 4:47 PM , Blogger ChristopherM said...

Daisy didn't dazzle me, but I think she has lots of potential. I'll tune in for a few more episodes.

 
At 4/02/2009 6:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY - VIVA DAISY!! She is great! And a wonderful addition to the FN. Congrats to Daisy and Rachael and I watched the first 6 episodes and I will watch the next 6!!!

 
At 4/02/2009 10:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw it once; wasn't dazzled. I was kinda bored, actually.

 
At 4/03/2009 1:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read this about 2 weeks ago! YAY for Daisy and Rachael. Daisy DID Dazzle me! I will be watching for sure!

 
At 4/03/2009 8:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daisy is great and she knows her stuff! In terms of Latin cooking, she is way better than Ingrid Hoffman. Ingrid is more about miami cuisine. Daisy rocks way more!

 
At 4/03/2009 12:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was bored too. I hope Anne gets renewed.

I love Ingrid.

 
At 4/03/2009 1:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachael Ray can hand pick any proteges she wants! Rachael is amazing and Daisy ROCKS!!

 
At 4/04/2009 4:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Rachael Ray and I love Daisy. I agree, Daisy ROCKS!! I love her recipes. I have been looking for her on Food Network. Bring her back, please!

 
At 4/04/2009 6:19 PM , Blogger ibcheft said...

I hope her next pick, is different Daisy looks to much like Rachel, a Hispanic twin ??? no more Rachel enough is enough, her little language thingy she is using now is enough to cause a divorce what is it umumum,anyway she can stop it anytime she pleases, it has gotten to the point I Have to change channels now

 
At 4/05/2009 5:12 PM , Anonymous Mai said...

I really like Daisy's recipes. I've tried a few from Rachel Ray's EveryDay Food mag and they were delish.

 
At 4/06/2009 11:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daisy rocks? LOL. You must have a boring life. Excuse me while I fall asleep.

Come on Rach. You are better than that.

 
At 5/10/2009 5:58 PM , Anonymous Ralph - Chefability.com said...

I love Daisy Martinez. I used to watch her a while back on a local public station. I am happy to see her on Food Network now. Big fan.

 
At 7/22/2009 9:06 PM , Blogger Allan S. said...

I'm so happy she will be back for more episodes. I've tried many of her dishes and have really been pleased with the results. She knows her stuff. Good for her.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive