about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Sunday, April 12

Food Network Runs Top Chef Marathon, Eh?

Canadians have got some of the best stuff in life: Canadian bacon, Molson beer, marriage for gays and lesbians... and, apparently, a Top Chef marathon on Food Network's sister station up north, Food Network Canada. Just pack your knives and watch this Easter Sunday, eh?


I've been a longtime fan of the Canadian version of Food Network, and its Top Chef marathon this Easter weekend only reinforces my love for the station that always seems to have a leg up on programming.

While it seems kind of weird to think of the Padma/Tom lovefest show airing on FN—considering how different the Bravo series (in the US) looks and feels when compared to anything on Food Network USA—it makes sense to have the best food shows airing on the food network.

Hope my Canadian readers enjoyed the marathon!

*********************************

Sorry for not posts over the last few days. My parents came down for some non-denominational weekend excitement, so I was a little overwhelmed playing host. They've been here before a million times, so I luckily wasn't dragging them up the steps of the Washington Monument at 6 a.m.... but it was still taxing.

And speaking of taxes, I did my taxes for FIVE hours today. Spent about 3 hours wasting time trying to do them with a variety of online services before just biting the bullet and paying for TurboTax again like I did last year. Get me that refund fast! Hope you all had a great Easter weekend!

Labels: , ,

 

8 Comments:

At 4/12/2009 9:51 PM , Blogger Freddy said...

Got to Love Canada!!!! I knew I was missing something. Even their olympic coverage is better than ours. Ugh, I think I need to move :)

Glad to have you back Jacob, and you survived the parents. :)

 
At 4/13/2009 5:45 AM , Anonymous jrd said...

I am for marriage for gays and lesbians, but when I read a political statement on a blog which I had believed was non-political, it it frustrating. I understand that it is a serious subject, but I am tired of having politics thrown in my face at every turn.

 
At 4/13/2009 1:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

In case you missed it, you can get married in Iowa starting in about two weeks!
I know three couples who are already making plans for their weddings.

 
At 4/13/2009 7:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE FN CANADA!!! Their web site is SOOOOO much BETTER than USA.

 
At 4/13/2009 9:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

jrd...give it a rest..you obviously aren't pro gay marriage.
and if u don't like, then go start your own blog.
you don't mind politics being discussed as long as they are agreeable to your idealism.

way to be a mature and wellrounded person.

 
At 4/14/2009 2:22 AM , Anonymous jrd said...

Anonymous 9:42 PM,

The following is the description of this blog:

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered.

When I read this blog, the above is what I expect. Apparently I overlooked where it states that politics will be discussed. Would you please show me where it states that?

Thank you.

 
At 4/14/2009 2:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its his blog and he can talk about what he wants. He's not an employee of the Food Network and he is entitled to offer his opinion on a variety of subjects from time to time. The topic of the post was about Canada for the most part and some of the things they enjoy.

I don't see a problem with Jacob mentioning it. If you feel that it was not worth of reading then skip to the next post about how Michael Chiarello will be competing on Top Chef Masters... there see...it was easy to skip over ...

 
At 4/14/2009 3:23 AM , Anonymous jrd said...

Scott Mindeaux,

"Its his blog and he can talk about what he wants." Very true.

My intent was not to anger anyone with my original post. I was engaging in a bit of venting because this has happened to me previously on other blogs. I have in the past enjoyed this one for its news and gossip. When I want to read political statements, I frequent political blogs. Now that I know that the blogger does not limit himself to non-political postings, I can make a more informed decision whether to continue to read this blog.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive