about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Tuesday, April 28

Times ARE Tough! Paula Deen's Renting Out Her Beach House

Paula Deen is just like us regular folk. I bet a lot of you have several TV shows, your own magazine, a line of products on QVC, a line of candles at Wal-Mart, a seafood line, a nuts line, a furniture line, two restaurants, countless speaking appearances lined up, and the like... right?

But even with all that, Paula must be tightening the collective belt at the Deen household, as she's announced, via Twitter, the rental of her beach house in Tybee Island, Georgia.



For the low, low price of approx. $3,000/week, you can sleep in the very same bed that Paula and her husband Michael Groover have... well, let's just not imagine that.

Take a look:
Hey y'all and welcome to my beach house. It's just lovely, and with almost 2100 square feet, it's very spacious. It has lots of windows for that bright, breezy feel that I just love! Of course it has a fully equipted kitchen with a stand-up mixer, blender, toaster and coffee maker. I've stocked the kitchen with dishes and cookware from my personal product line, and y'all know any kitchen of mine isn't complete without cast iron.

For those who can't, or don't want to climb the stairs, there's an elevator with access to every floor. All of the bedrooms have high definition televisions and 2 guest rooms have DVD players. Of course the house is kid friendly, and while y'all can't smoke inside, y'all can smoke on the balconies surrounding the house. There's a fully stocked laundry room with plenty of linens and even an ironing board with iron (just in case y'all need it). All y'all need to bring are your beach towels.

The two car garage houses a grill, but please don't grill in the garage or on the balcony, and two bicycles so y'all can explore the island. Now, after much consideration, I decided on this particular place because of it's location. Nestled on the North end of Tybee Island, it's exactly 4 blocks from a major beach entrance, so y'all can walk or ride the bikes to the beach. At night, you're surrounded by peace and quiet. It's the best of both worlds!

Every rental will receive a custom canvas tote bag filled with goodies I selected myself. From signed cookbooks, to sauces and spices, to Captain Michael's coffee, all goodies are yours to take home with you. I'm also gonna throw in a couple of surprises y'all are just gonna love! So, get away from it all and come stay at my house!


*******************

Not the best time for ole' Paula to be asking for three grand, I would think. The house sounds nice... just a little weird to be hawking it on Twitter.

Maybe Ashton and Demi will take Paula up on the offer?

Labels:

 

12 Comments:

At 4/28/2009 1:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

For $3,000 I would have expected it more decorated, seems rather bare. Four blocks from the beach to me isn't that appealing either, for that amount I would want beachfront.

 
At 4/28/2009 2:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe there IS a God & her 15 minutes are FINALLY winding down!

 
At 4/28/2009 3:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i loathe this thing so much.
maybe she will drop dead of a butter laden heart attack soon.

 
At 4/28/2009 8:18 PM , Blogger Rosie Hawthorne said...

I want a fully "equipted" kitchen.

 
At 4/28/2009 11:14 PM , Anonymous SavBeachGal said...

If it came equipt w/Bobby, I'd say count me in.

 
At 4/28/2009 11:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

People need to get a grip. She's not
Osama Bin Laden. Sheesh

Don't like her...Don't watch her

 
At 4/29/2009 8:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree if you don't like her then don't watch her shows. I like her and her sons. I'm tired of people saying ugly things about people they don't even know. I think some of these people are just jealous of her fame. Get a life!

 
At 4/29/2009 10:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

People most often don't care for those folks who defecate publically in their driveways , moon crowds of people , support dirty meat producers and in general act like Paula Deen . It's distaste and especially disgust not jealousy ...How lame ...

 
At 4/29/2009 4:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can barely NOT "not watch her"
she is everywhere......she is a pig. a greedy lewd disgusting old P I G....
maybe smithfield can chop her up and sell HER ?

 
At 4/30/2009 2:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! The money doesn't last forever. She has abused the almighty dollar and now it's payback time. Will Paula be the maid for 3K?

 
At 4/30/2009 2:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

y'all

 
At 6/27/2009 6:24 AM , Blogger Tammy said...

Hey annonymous you have a big mouth but no name I guess if I was talking trash about someone I wouldnt want them to see my real name either..I have never met Paula but I know several people who have and they say she is very kind and generous to a lot of people..so shut the @#%^ up you @%% hole..I could only wish I had a beach house to rent out then I wouldnt have to work to jobs...GO PAULA

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive