about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Thursday, June 4

7 Questions for Michael Proietti - Next Food Network Star Contestant

The season 5 premiere of The Next Food Network Star is this Sunday, June 7 at 9pm ET. All this week, Food Network Addict will be featuring mini, 7-question interviews done with each of the contestants.

Meet...MICHAEL PROIETTI

Why did you decide to apply to be on The Next Food Network Star?
It just really felt like the right step for me. I'm so over being stuck in a kitchen and needed to do something new in my culinary career. I love to entertain and love to make people smile!

Who are your chef / TV cooking star idols?
The FAB Morimoto. I love his fashion sense and he's an artist in the kitchen. I heart you Mori!

What does it take to be a great Food Network star?
Well first, I think you must have an expert knowledge of cooking and you must be entertaining. Patience is also important as I learned while filming the show.

Did you feel prepared for the types of challenges you endured on the show? Anything in particular you struggled with?
Well as you may know, I did not have a lot of time to prepare for the show, 2 days to be exact. I would have loved to have memorized some other recipes I have done for reference, but what can you do. I think the hardest thing for me was being in captivity. I am always doing things on impulse and that can be very difficult to do when your schedule is completely tied in with the filming. No phone, no car and no Cha-Cha heels!

The need to have a clearly defined culinary point of view is brought up again and again by the judges. What's yours and how is it different from what we've seen before?
My culinary point of view is "Global a go-go, from Bed-Stuy to Bangkok". Doing global cuisine with flare! Most people focus on one style or theme of cooking— I do it all, honey!

You were judged by lots of Food Network stars over the course of the show. Which star(s) were you most excited to meet and why?
I must say I think Morimoto again, was my favorite. He has changed the way I look at ingredients and the way I handle food. Meeting the very handsome Bobby Flay was also cool. He's an American icon when it comes to food. And last was Susie Fogelson. She makes being fab look easy. I know she may not be a "FN STAR," but she is one fierce momma and when I watched past seasons I always looked forward to seeing what she was going to wear. Wow, that’s girly of me!

Apart from winning this competition, what goals do you have for the future?
I think my main goal will be to travel and broaden my culinary knowledge. I would love to open a restaurant, have a family, write cookbooks, and take over the world—one plate at a time.

**************************

Good luck on the show, Michael!

Labels: ,

 

13 Comments:

At 6/04/2009 12:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jumping Jesus in a chicken basket! They seem to always need the goofball with the wacky hair and style of dress, seemingly unaware of the fact that his "quest for individualism" makes him look like every other freak attempting the same thing. Enjoy your two episodes and tearful goodbye, Sparky.

 
At 6/04/2009 12:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO they'll keep him on for at least 3/4 of the shows. Perhaps they already decided that he will be the winner.

 
At 6/04/2009 12:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I think of Bobby Flay the term icon is not one that springs to mind. A lot of other short words come to mind immediately but never icon.

 
At 6/04/2009 12:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgot to ask.

Why did he only have two days to prepare? Was he a las minute addition?

 
At 6/04/2009 12:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgot to ask.

Why did he only have two days to prepare? Was he a las minute addition?

 
At 6/04/2009 12:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

>>>>Headsmack!<<<<<

 
At 6/04/2009 12:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the network decided it needs a wacky, "Will & Grace"-style, unrealistic gay guy to up its G&L viewership, here's their man.

 
At 6/04/2009 3:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

12:06

Right on about the 'whole look at me I so different thing." We've all seen it before.

 
At 6/04/2009 5:06 PM , Anonymous Alec Smart said...

Hey Bobo,

This guy looks to be a good target for your affections. Maybe you can develop a a hankering for him as you have with Ina.

Or is he too wild and crazy for old mild mannered Jake ?

 
At 6/04/2009 5:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morimoto has fashion sense? Jesus. Can we fast forward to the end of the show and be done with the nonsense?

 
At 6/04/2009 7:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how perfect for FN to have the shock factor for ratings-not a chance for him but all -these FN contestents are expecting "deals" after they loose.

 
At 6/04/2009 11:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

His hair isn't any worse than Amy's was.

 
At 6/05/2009 6:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enough with reinforcing negative stereotypes on RealityTV, Tushman! Not all gays are ridiculously flamboyant and "fabulous"!! Christ, next thing you know, they'll find some boisterous African-American dude and call him Big Dadd... oh.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive