about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Wednesday, July 22

Chance to Meet Alton Brown, Attend 'Good Eats' Anniversary Taping

The Alton heads are gonna go wild for this one!




Food Network wants to hear from you! Enter today for a chance to meet Alton Brown and be part of the Good Eats 10th Anniversary Special shooting Saturday, August 29.

To enter, upload a photo or 1 minute video that expresses how much of a Good Eats fan you truly are! Do you look like Alton? Show us a picture! Want to do a tribute to Good Eats? Show us what you've got! The idea is to be creative.

Food Network will be choosing six lucky winners to join Alton in Atlanta for the anniversary taping.

*************

I have seen Alton's fans in person before and know the kind of dedication they feel toward Mr. B, so this prize pack sounds pretty awesome--especially considering Alton is, from what I'm told, a very private person and not usually in to doing a lot of public events. Good for A!

... but just to make sure it's not a completely altruistic venture, tickets will also be available through Ticketmaster, with a price range of $10-75!

I wonder who his opening act will be?

(PS- I arrived safely in London this morning after spending four (mostly) lovely days in Paris. I got to check out some of your restaurant suggestions and made sure to hit up the biggies: Poilaine, Laduree, & L'As Du Fallafel. Will try to post more pics soon. Hope everyone is having a good week!)

Labels: ,

 

10 Comments:

At 7/23/2009 12:36 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7/23/2009 1:12 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Damn, if my classes wouldn't already be started by then, I'd totally register...

 
At 7/23/2009 9:01 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I bought tickets to this during the pre-sale, and it seems to be that Ted Allen fielding questions to AB from the crowd, the Good Eats book will be intro'ed, and the tapings will happen. It looks like a fun event! Tapings will be at 2 and 7. Some tickets do run as high as 175, though, so that might need to be corrected. After going to the Hotlanta event a little over a year ago for the feasting on Asphalt book signing, I must say there are some SCARY Alton people there. (One stalker woman and her daughter were right in front of me. Something tells me she has an AB fansite too). That same night when driving home, a yellow BMW touring bike passed by me in the pouring rain, and lo and behold, it was him. WTG AB for riding the the terrible weather! It should be fun for all. Don't forget the Southern Food and Wine fest at the end of the month at Opryland hotel in Nashville!

 
At 7/23/2009 2:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I should go, I hope he does something spectacular, worthy of the occasion and having a live audience. No treatise on vinegar, plz.

Alton should do the deep fried turkey thing with the step ladder and flashing light or maybe bake Ten Allen in a massive blanket of phyllo.

 
At 7/23/2009 5:24 PM , Blogger Alec Smart said...

Say Jake can you have one of your FN confreres leave me a pair at Will call?

I think this would be a grand event to attend considering Alton Brown is probably the FN's biggest
asset. He hasn't managed to alienate or disgust any viewers .

He doesn't seem "drunk on fame" like many FN employees. He certainly knows more about food than anyone else on the station. His fame which appears to be very deserved hasn't gone to his head and therefore one good reason why he is admired. Hmmm just maybe some of Alton could run off on his on air co-workers.
yeah, I'd love to go. Could you ask Tuschelwipe to score me some ducats ?

 
At 7/23/2009 8:06 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

@ Alec Smart -- you are so right about Alton :)


I have my tickets to this, it is going to be awesome!

AB is the best thing on FN and the only reason I watch the channel these days.

Alton is a very nice man, charming and witty. If you get the chance to meet him, you will thoroughly enjoy the experience.

 
At 7/25/2009 4:18 PM , Blogger alexlind said...

I met AB briefly at a book signing, and I credit him with the most hilarious and witty off-the-cuff remark of my whole 5 days / 4 nights in New York City last fall.

I'm not sure that I could generate a 1-minute video expressing the extent to which I am a Good Eats fan - I enjoy the show, but can't say I'd go as far as fanatic about it.

Best of luck to whoever does submit a vid! It'll be a fun experience.

 
At 7/27/2009 4:41 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I totally have a man crush on AB!!!!!!

 
At 10/27/2011 3:36 AM , Anonymous Buy WOW Gold said...

I have witnessed Alton's fans in person preceding to and know the kind of commitment they really feel toward Mr. B, so this prize pack seems pretty awesome--especially thinking about Alton is/
What can we do in the relax time ? Listen to the music, watch TV, how about play the online games? We can play the WOW to spend the boring time and can also get the best WOW Gold during play the game. We can also play the famous Korea online games--Tera, this game is very famous in the world and there are many World Of Warcraft Gold waiting for you! And we can also play the.

 
At 2/09/2012 9:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cambridge satchel bag is not a new idea but it's been given a whole new style and class with this selection from My Bag! It's a great choice to have if you want to have a decent size bag that's easy to carry. Their hermes h belt all have a simple carry handle on top as well as shoulder straps for wearing them across your body. If you need to a new handbag then this is what you should be getting this season. They're all beautifully designed and made from the finest quality materials. The designers have put a lot of thought hermes birkin into what women want from a bag and there are various pockets for different things.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive