about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Monday, July 20

One Year Ago - Aaron McCargo Had an Eating Disorder?

I was looking back through my archive recently. Did you know one year ago Aaron McCargo Jr. was still competing for the prize of The Next Food Network Star? If you remember, the finalists had to introduce their buffets in Las Vegas with a "special" introduction. For whatever reason, Aaron started his off very, very strangely with an admission he had an eating disorder.


"I have an eating disorder, I’ve been walking around with forks. I heard you can help me. You won’t help me? Who are you people?" said Aaron the judges and crowded room.

Ummm... okay. Your Next Food Network Star, America!

Let's hope Tuschelson+Flay give us one just as good this year!

Labels: , ,

 

7 Comments:

At 7/20/2009 10:36 AM , Blogger Alec Smart said...

I'd have an eating disorder too if I had to eat some of the shit this guy makes . Can you say disgusting?

I've seen enough of his crap and routine and I turn the channel whenever he comes on.

Last years NFNS was about as lame a "contest" in the history of reality TV. Tuschelwipe & Co essentially insulted everyone's intelligence by appointing Chef Lipitor and taking their queues from Gordon Elliot.

Don't expect anything different this year from them.

I think they should rename this the next Food Network Trainwreck.

 
At 7/20/2009 12:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7/20/2009 12:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

In all honesty, I don't think that Debbie has been picked to be TNFNS. I think editors and the producers have made us hate her (and rightfully so), and that's bringing in viewers--everyone I know is tuning in each week to see if Shamu is going to be harpooned or something. I think she'll stick around for the next week and be in the finale (don't know with who yet...I think Melissa) to keep the viewers in, and then they'll dump her. Seriously, that's a great marketing strategy...by keeping the one that EVERYONE despises, they'll make people irritated at her and keep viewership high. Then, they get rid of her in the finale, making all the viewers very happy, and then they're probably more likely to watch the winner's show! What do y'all think of this?

 
At 7/20/2009 1:47 PM , Blogger el chef carlitos said...

Alec Smart...

true that...LOL......

 
At 7/20/2009 2:48 PM , Blogger Alec Smart said...

I sort of agree with Matt. I mean one thing these guys (FN employee Tuschelwipe) do well is manipulate the poor buggers who apply to the show and get their hopes up until they figure out which demographic needs immediate attention. And a winner is based on that data.

I'll bet they could find a spot for half the Big Brother household if they wanted .

Based on merit and the idiotic "challenges" the players were subjected to, I think the Winner should be the dude with the big forehead. Melissa has been a close second. The whale is probably around for the ratings and will be set free once they declare the final 2.

Is it me or does this show become more and more bush league and bogus season to season ? I honestly believe people watch shitty shows like this just to see how much shittier they can get.And this is pretty shit.

Oh Jake, have you found any souvenirs for the gang back at Chelsea Market yet ?

 
At 7/20/2009 3:02 PM , Blogger alexlind said...

Jacob, curse you for reminding me of some of the most awkward moments in television history. Really, I had put it out of my mind, and I wish to do so again.

Anyone got brain bleach out there? Pass it this way?

 
At 7/24/2009 4:38 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Who cares about this no talent cretins eating disorder?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive