about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Wednesday, July 29

Sandra Lee in OUT Magazine

Watch out, Ina! Sandra's going after the gays!

Sandra Lee is featured in an awesome Out magazine spread this month... and she's loookin' kind of glam. Why do we get frumpy sweaters and tight mom tees on your shows?!


Besides the obvious connections (her love of dressing up as Cher & Barbra, color-coordinated cocktails, etc.), Sandra also talks about her reaction to her youngest brother Johnny coming out. "Of course you are! Everybody knows that!" said Sandra after he told her.

Even random gay men become friends, like Jeffrey Fegenheimer, who sat in with her during the interview:
"We met at a party," says Fegenheimer. "I looked at her breasts, and I said, ‘They’re fabulous!’ and she said, ‘Aren’t they?’ and I asked, ‘Can I touch them?’" Lee finishes the sentence, "And I let him and then we went and danced."

And even though there was no boob touching on my part, I found Sandra genuinely warm and funny when I finally met her this past February in South Beach.

I think the article is great, but it's coming out, pun intended, way late. The whole thing is about her show Semi-Homemade, which we all know is no longer being taped. It airs all the time, of course, but... come on Out. Get with the Money-Saving Meals programs. Guess that's not as fabulous.

[Source]

Labels:

 

9 Comments:

At 7/29/2009 3:53 PM , Blogger JordanBaker said...

That. . . tube top? Tube dress? In the b&w picture. . . it's not doing the saggage any favors.

 
At 7/29/2009 4:57 PM , Blogger Prohomemaker.Com said...

I've actually been pretty darn impressed with her "Money Saving" show. Sure the food is pretty basic, but I think it does a good service (and nice to see her not using everything pre-chopped, packaged, etc). I did notice in the new show that she is definitely dressed down -- including hair -- I guess to give her the more down-to-basics look.

Cool being in "Out" -- I bet her brother is mega-impressed.

 
At 7/29/2009 8:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I can't stand all of Ina's snobby friends!

 
At 7/29/2009 9:21 PM , Blogger Charles said...

When I went to her booksigning last year, I was too embarassed to tell her I made her santa sleigh favors, but I did anyway cuz they were so damn cute, and anyway I said to her, "I know it's kinda gay, but I made your santa sleigh favors and they were a hit", and she kinda gave me an odd look then paid me a compliment. I didn't realize she had a gay brother. I didn't mean nothing by it. So I sincerely apologize to you Aunt Sandy. My bad.

 
At 7/29/2009 10:14 PM , Blogger roopa said...

That photo on the left there - that is WAY more of Sandy's boobs than I ever wanted to see.

 
At 7/30/2009 2:00 PM , Blogger Attila the Fun said...

@Judge Roy Bean: Yeah, because the gays in the first photo with Sandra Lee look SOOO much more approchable. Did you notice how most of their noses are up in the air? Yeah.

 
At 7/30/2009 5:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a gay man myself, I watch both Ina and Sandra. I had to comment on the gay men that Ina has on her show. Let's just say that I would not be in good company with them. As for that couple who have the funeral parlor---I'll leave it at that. Ina is without question the only one on the show (I'm not including Jeffrey) who lets her hair down.

Aunt Sandy--I know a lot of people loathe her (and I tend to be critical of many of her dishes) but I find that the people around her on "Semi-Homemade" tend to be a bit more down-to-earth. Plus, Sandra's homemaker-positive approach without apology scores big with me. Unlike Ina who seems chained to the Hamptons, Sandra seems to be more flexible.

 
At 7/30/2009 5:52 PM , Blogger CurlyGirl said...

Girlfriend needs a B.R.A! I'm just saying...

 
At 7/31/2009 10:30 AM , Blogger Alec Smart said...

Are you going to change your tune on Aunt Sandy now you know she is homo friendly ?

Ina might get jealous and banish you .

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive