about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Friday, August 7

Kelsey Nixon On TONIGHT'S Premiere of 'Chefs vs. City'


Are you going to watch tonight's premiere of Chefs vs. City? (Well, it's Friday, so you know I'll be TiVoing it. I've hard a hard week and need a drink, yo.)

In tonight's ep, Aarón Sánchez and Chris Cosentino battle Claire Robinson of 5 Ingredient Fix and Food 2’s Kelsey Nixon of Kelsey & Spike Cook. They'll be hitting up Dylan’s Candy Bar, Russ & Daughters, and The Brick Lane Curry House to "devour the hottest dish in the world."

Food Network Addict got an exclusive statement from Kelsey Nixon on the experience:
Taping the show was the best of times and the worst of times. Don't get me wrong...I had an absolute blast! But I did things that I never would have done if it weren't for being put on the spot, on television, on Food Network. (Claire and I were willing to do anything to win!) Being the Amazing Race fan that I am, this was the perfect way for me to channel my inner competitor and take on the food scene in NYC like it was nobody's business. I have no doubt that this show will be a huge primetime hit. It is a privilege to be part of the series kickoff and I can't wait to watch the success of Chefs vs City unfold.

Chefs vs. City premieres TONIGHT at 10pm ET.

*************

Thanks Kelsey! I'll be watching... eventually. Have a great weekend everyone! I'll be back tomorrow, though, with a review of the first episode of Melissa d'Arabian's new show Ten Dollar Dinners.

Labels: , ,

 

6 Comments:

At 8/08/2009 1:32 AM , Blogger PD fan said...

Great new show!
I love the chemistry between Aaron and Chris.
I hope this is a taste of better things to come from FN and that it doesn't end up being "The Neely's Vs. City."
Nice to see some class and interest coming back to FN.
Looking forward to future episodes.

 
At 8/08/2009 7:56 AM , Blogger MrsG said...

Interesting show. I especially liked the fact that we didn't hear one horrible squeal from any of them (Keep the Neelys away) even when they consumed that chili pepper. Great concept. Hopefully FN can keep it up.

 
At 8/08/2009 12:27 PM , Blogger Nobody said...

was not to bad at least they have reallll chefs on the show unlike melissa (who cres how her last name is spelled... she will not be here for long) darabian

 
At 8/08/2009 5:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Great show, torture the contestants with food so hot it has no taste or need to be served to anyone. The concept is great, I hope to see more like it and less barbeque challenges, less chance for a neely appearance.

 
At 8/09/2009 1:47 PM , Blogger Lord of Light AZ said...

Reminded me of one of the challenges on either Top Chef, TNIC or TNFNS. It was just fun to watch. Let's see what happens in Las Vegas next week.

 
At 8/15/2009 2:25 PM , Blogger Annie said...

It was unwatchable. Why doesn't Food Network bring back Julia Child's original cooking shows?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive