about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Thursday, September 17

Bid on a Chance to Lunch with Giada De Laurentiis

As you may remember, Giada De Laurentiis joined Oxfam last year as an ambassador for the hungry. It was just announced that she'll be auctioning off the chance to meet her in Los Angeles, visit the set of Giada at Home, and get some autographed memorabilia.

Her auction begins Oct. 1. Click on the photo below for more info.


Other celebs participating are Scarlett Johansson and Colin Firth.

Oxfam America is an international relief and development organization that creates lasting solutions to poverty, hunger and injustice. Together with individuals and local groups in more than 120 countries, Oxfam saves lives, helps people overcome poverty, and fights for social justice.

********************************

One of the questions I get asked the most is: "Does Giada film her show in her real home?" or "Is that really Giada's house?" WELL... as I've mentioned, Giada at Home is shot inside a studio in L.A., unlike Everyday Italian, which was shot in rented homes in L.A. I HOPE a FNA reader wins the auction, goes to the set, and reports back to everyone that yes, indeed, it is a SET! ;-)

Labels:

 

6 Comments:

At 9/17/2009 6:39 PM , Blogger Alec Smart said...

Is it just lunch ? Any afternoon delight activity ?
Sorry Oxfam, I don't see one bit of sincerity or passion in this "ambassador".

I would rather slam beers with Firth or dine al fresco with Scarlett, real A listers.

 
At 9/17/2009 11:47 PM , Blogger Charles said...

Oooh! Oooh! I wanna visit the set and cook with her instead of having lunch. I just happened to make her rosemary cornmeal cake for a dinner party tomorrow night. Giada rarely steers you wrong with her recipes.

On a side note, I thought that was her house and not s set. Isn't it right on the beach? They fooled me!

 
At 9/18/2009 1:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say that I totally agree with Alec Smart.

We've seen some of Giada's true colors and they are not pretty.

 
At 9/18/2009 10:47 AM , Blogger Alec Smart said...

I guess she saw Angelina doing some charitable work and thought it would probably improve her public image if she could do the same .

" Hey I could that. Do you think they might make me go to Africa ? Not sure if I'd like that. They have all those bugs and yicky things. Can I send Todd instead ? Say when is the next gala fundraiser when I will be feted ?"


Perhaps Giada can ask Oxfam what their professional fundraising fee/program expense ratio is ? Or could that be to intense for her to comprehend ? Most likely.

 
At 9/18/2009 4:31 PM , Blogger jacob said...

alec- will you bid on it? ;-)

charles- tricky giada.

cl270- hopefully it'll still raise a lot of money.

 
At 6/07/2010 4:44 PM , Blogger playannie said...

Who on Foodnet used their real kitchen for their cooking show? I really thought Giada did, but found out she didn't. My favorite kitchens are Paula Deans and The Neeleys, I would be very surprised if these were not really their homes. If anybody knows could you let me know. Curiosity has been getting to me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive