about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Monday, September 14

Paula Deen's QVC Pans Recalled

Watch out for shattering Paula pans!

Paula Deen's line of cast iron pans, sole exclusively on QVC, are being recalled because they can "crack or shatter during heating," reports the New York Times. I guess the "extra handle" Paula put on for "a little extra stability" wasn't enough!



The manufacturer that supplied the pans exclusively to QVC, Meyer Trading Corporation, learned of the problems after consumers complained about cracked pans, said Suzanne Murphy, Vice President for Marketing of the Meyer Corporation, an affiliate of Meyer Trading. Meyer Trading notified the federal Consumer Product Safety Commission at the end of July, she said, and in August QVC sent recall letters to people who had purchased the pans.

**********************

Is it just me, or does Paula have waaaaaaaaaaaay too many products out there? She's got the pans, the hams, the pork roasts, the nuts, the furniture line, the hair extensions, the false teeth, the butter-flavored adult undergarments, the.... well, she might not have some of those... but give her time!

Labels: ,

 

11 Comments:

At 9/14/2009 2:02 PM , Blogger Alec Smart said...

I was in a store over the weekend and saw a boxed set of 2 ramekins bearing Paula Deen's name. Retailed for $ 19.95. You can find the exact same 2 ramekins at Dollar General for $ 1.00 , but sadly no custom Pauler packaging.

Not surprised to learn of the recall. The greed factor shown by Pauler is becoming reprehensible.

At least she is creating a few jobs in China.

 
At 9/15/2009 1:07 AM , Blogger Rick B. said...

She lost me with her greedy lack of conscience with Smithfield.

 
At 9/15/2009 11:27 AM , Blogger Lensman158 said...

I like Paula and some of her recipes, but it is unlikley that I would but any "designer" kitchenware from her, Rachel, or anyone else.

I find myself watching FN much less these days. I will stick with Ina and Giada, but have little interest in Sandy's cheap meals or the (no possible way) $10 meals for 4. I do like Brian Boitano's show...at least for entertainment, and miss Noah starr.

 
At 9/15/2009 8:16 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Geez - puleeeze change the pictures!

 
At 9/16/2009 3:19 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

I'm not surprised to learn of the recall either. How sad.

 
At 9/16/2009 6:44 PM , Blogger Lalala said...

We miss Noah Starr too.... We used to have so much fun watching him, because he looked like he was trying hard to get laid.

Paula.... We like her less after watching "Paula's party". It's not educational, and it's not entertaining. SAD.

 
At 9/17/2009 11:46 AM , Blogger Linda said...

I was a big fan of Paula's until a friend of mine attended one of her book signings. Paula became irritated when she was asked to personalize her cookbook and said "But then I'd have to do it for everyone!" Is that too much to ask?

 
At 9/17/2009 11:50 PM , Blogger Charles said...

How in the heck can cast iron crack? Is it the enamel cast iron?

 
At 9/19/2009 12:21 PM , Blogger Bruce said...

Paula Deen is becomming more and more annoying as time goes on. I sometimes wish she'd go back to her agoraphobia and shut the hell up. Paula's Party is painful to watch. I think Michael could have done better!

 
At 2/24/2010 12:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Note: If you slam Paula... which is fine... use spellcheck. :)

"sole exclusively on QVC"???????

 
At 3/29/2010 10:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit...I fell into the Paula frenzy and bought hundreds of dollars in products. I have never used pots that tipped over because the handle was heavier than the pot. HELP, T-FAL!!! I used to think she was so different; the real deal, down to earth. I wonder what she would do if I showed up at her house and asked to stay in her guest room...you know, the one she is always inviting total strangers to stay in. The Smithfield plant closed down in my town leaving hundreds out of work...choke in it PD!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive