about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Friday, March 19

Cat Cora Outraged Over Prom Cancellation

Go Cat!

Upon hearing that a school in Itawamba County, Mississippi canceled the school prom entirely instead of allowing a lesbian student, Constance McMillen, to bring her girlfriend, native Mississipian, Food Network star, and out lesbian Cat Cora said she's "outraged" and wants to make a personal appearance at the prom.


"I was that girl from Mississippi one time," Cora said. "I hate seeing things that reinforce negative attitudes about Mississippi like this. This is the 21st century," she said in the press release. "This is a time for us to unite and support each other. This isn't just for (McMillen's) civil rights. This is for all Americans' civil rights, whether they know it or not."

*****************

I'm glad Cat has been speaking out about this, and I'm sure it hits close to home for her. I hope, for the kids' sake, the prom gets rescheduled and Cat can come and cook everyone's prom dinner... or at least Constance's!

Labels:

 

11 Comments:

At 3/19/2010 2:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I the only one who can't figure out which woman in the picture is Cat? Her and her partner look amazingly similar.

 
At 3/19/2010 3:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cat is on the left.

 
At 3/19/2010 7:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

cat cora is on right looking at the pic i am an iron chef fan.......

 
At 3/19/2010 7:34 PM , Anonymous Matt said...

Cat is on the left. Her partner is the one on the right (I can't remember her name).

 
At 3/19/2010 9:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dated a Lesbian once and she was a freak in bed! I recommend it.

 
At 3/20/2010 12:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cat is the shorter one

 
At 3/20/2010 2:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you, Cat!! Thank you for using your voice to stand up for others.

 
At 3/21/2010 2:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shut up Cat! How presumptuous of Cat to believe that you speaking/appearing at the prom will make anything better and you can speak intelligently about sexuality and its purpose and appropriatness in life? Oh I can hear her now, "I'm Cat and I'm a cook aaaaand a lesbian. So, with that, I'm gonna run my yap about everything ... oh yea, 'y'll' ... I gotta say "y'all" cuz I'm from Mississippi ... "y'all"!! Please save us from Cat and people like her. They are polluting the earth with their filthy ways!!!

 
At 3/21/2010 7:25 PM , Blogger The College Fag said...

Go Cat! Good for you for standing up for Constance and all LGBT teens nationwide. I wish I could have brought my boyfriend to my prom but I went to a parochial high school so that was a huge nono...

 
At 3/25/2010 1:02 AM , Blogger LauraJ said...

Good for Cat!
Enough with the small minded hatred and discrimination!

 
At 3/28/2010 5:34 PM , Blogger Nobody said...

This is dumb. Let the school do whatever it wants!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive