about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Wednesday, March 3

Paula Deen Gets Rebuffed by President Obama

Perhaps Michelle Obama's healthy eating plan for America is really working... at least for the President. Recently, while in Savannah, Obama met the Butter Queen Paula Deen (Miss Paula, if yer nasty) and admitted that, although the press and his motorcade enjoyed the culinary comforts of her restaurant The Lady & Sons, the big guy dined elsewhere.


"Let me tell you it was so funny, because he busted himself," Paula said about her conversation with the President. "He said, 'I had the most wonderful lunch today.' And I thought, 'Oh My Gosh we catered lunch for him at Savannah Tech and he's fixing to tell me how wonderful it was.' And I was getting my chest all blown out and then he said, "Yeah we went to a place called Mrs. Wilkes. I said, 'What!'"


Awww... too bad, Paula. Maybe one day you'll make it to the President's lunch table!

Labels:

 

6 Comments:

At 3/03/2010 6:23 PM , Blogger Freddy said...

Jacob, I went to Savannaha a few years ago and the tour guides all told us to avoid Lady and Sons and go to Mrs Wilkes. I did not take their advice because I wanted to go to Lady and Sons (I am just that big of a food network geek) but when I go back I will eat at Mrs Wilkes instead, I hear it is much better than Paula's place. Plus Paulas is just too salty for me.

 
At 3/04/2010 9:05 PM , Anonymous Chris said...

I'm a resident of Savannah, and let me assure you that Mrs. Wilkes is definitely better than Lady and Sons! All the locals know it, and we go there while all the tourists go and try to visit Paula Deen just because she's on TV! Trust me, Mrs. Wilkes is much better, even the president knows it!

 
At 3/05/2010 3:56 PM , Anonymous Ajax said...

I live in Savannah as well. I haven't been to Lady and Sons in probably two years because it was so horrible the last time we went. But Mrs. Wilkes' is always good. If friends ever come visit, they invariably want to go to Paula's but we always talk them into going to Mrs. Wilkes' instead. Soooo much better.

 
At 3/12/2010 2:49 PM , Anonymous Tiffanyf said...

I am not much of a blog reader but I came across your blog and I could not turn away. I like the commentary about the topics that you write on. It makes the blog very interesting. Honestly, I do not know much about Michelle Obama's healthy eating plan, but this blog post was funny. The president couldn't have splurged one time to have the cooking of the famous Butter Queen Paula Deen? It also makes me wonder if Mrs. Yikes is any better. Do you know much about that restaurant? Any who, I definitely laughed a few times while reading this blog post especially when you wrote (Miss Paula, if yer nasty). I envisioned her saying this and Janet Jackson's song, Nasty Boys.
Have a good day and keep up the good work.

 
At 3/12/2010 9:43 PM , Blogger Lensman158 said...

I am sure that her restaurant is probably just a tourist trap, but on the other hand, she didn't miss much by the Commie-in-Chief going elsewhere.

 
At 3/26/2010 8:17 PM , Anonymous Free Credit Score said...

I totally agree. Must be a tourist trap.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive