about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Monday, March 8

Pics from Rachael Ray's SoBe SoundCheck Party


One of the best parties I went to while down in South Beach last week was Rachael Ray's "SoBe Soundcheck" event at the Raleigh Hotel.

Since the party didn't kick off until 11:30 p.m., I spent a few hours relaxing at my hotel trying to pretend I was a few years younger... when it was normal to leave the house a few minutes before midnight before the night.

Rachael Ray's husband John Cusimano (who was looking very white in the beard) played with his band The Cringe, which was all right... but they played a lot of covers (including a few too many John Mayer songs).

What's the deal, John? Need RayRay to write a few songs for you, too, now? Not like she's busy or anything. ;-)


That pic of Anne Burrell and me at the top was taken near the end of the night. We were all enjoying the wine and drinks that were provided (not to mention the good appetizers being passed). I congratulated Anne on the great run of Worst Cooks in America and everything else going on with her right now. Anne was having a verrrrrrrrrry good time that night. So much so that she barely had a voice the next day during her cooking demo:-)

Another treat was running into Next Food Network Star winner Melissa d'Arabian again...


Melissa, who I had originally met back in October at the NYC Wine & Food Fest, revealed to me that her current Food Network Show Ten Dollar Dinners was renewed again for a third season (which you'd already know if you are following me on Twitter) -- something that I don't think has been announced anywhere else, yet.

Melissa has been incredibly supportive of me and the blog ever since I met her and I really do wish the best for her and her up-and-coming career on the network.

I also got to see Mary Alice and a lot of the Ace of Cakes crew again that night. So glad that a lot of them got to make it down this year.

AND STUPID ME...
I never noticed Rachael Ray while she danced a few feet away from me. After my meeting with Sandra Lee last year, I was hoping to get a pic with Rachael finally. Damn. Oh well -- maybe next year.

Labels: , , ,

 

10 Comments:

At 3/09/2010 10:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun, Jacob -- I think that is funny that you didn't notice Rachael was that close to you! You know, I would have done the same thing. Maybe that also says a lot about her ... she was just having fun and not making it all about her.

Take care!!
Christine :)

 
At 3/09/2010 11:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Jacob, I'm shocked you didn't see Rachael's fluid hips flowing right by you! How could you miss her. Well, maybe next year.

;)

 
At 3/09/2010 5:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who did you sleep with to get the invite? Just sayin'

 
At 3/10/2010 4:29 PM , Blogger jacob said...

John should have to sleep with me to get me to write up about his band! ;-)

 
At 3/10/2010 4:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would you actually sleep with that Hobo ? Does this mean you're a queer then ?

 
At 3/11/2010 6:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cusimano's bad really that bad??? You deserve a medal for listening!

 
At 3/11/2010 11:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, is Anne really, really tall?

 
At 3/14/2010 12:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look like you'll be needing the Rogaine soon.

 
At 3/28/2010 5:38 PM , Blogger Nobody said...

Melissa needs to quit!

 
At 3/30/2010 12:06 PM , Anonymous Andrew said...

Yeah, I don't care how "supportive" she is to you, Melissa d'Arabian simply can't cook.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive