about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Tuesday, August 15

The Chiarello

Well, I have no idea what happened with the Dave Does premiere. Does anyone else? I am certain that every print story, every commercial, etc. all listed Aug. 14 as the premiere date. What's the problem, Food Network?

I must forge ahead, though.
Dave has dissapointed me in the past and I still forgave him. Wonder what his excuse is this time. Now onto that Napa Valley man we know as Michael Chiarello...

To respond to Amanda's question, I don't think Chiarello is secretly gay. Look at that wedding ring. He is proud to shove it right into the camera (or is he more proud of the potato starch?). I have only really been a Food Network Addict for a year or so, and I must admit that I don't typically watch Easy Entertaining. Every time I do, though, I enjoy what he cooks and love looking at his set and kitchen (that's happening a lot to me with all the new shows like Tyler's Ultimate and Guy's Big Bite... good sets and lighting).

The biggest thing I noticed upon watching a full episode this weekend was his major use of hand gestures. Especially pointing:







He's also a bit like Rachael Ray with his other gestures. For some reason I can tolerate her's more than his.


One of the reasons I can't seem to keep watching Michael Chiarello is the fact that his delivery is not conversational. Even though Rachael exaggerates and does crazy gestures, it just seems like that's the way she talks and acts. We accept that and move onto other concerns like, how is a cut up banana with Reddi-Whip and sliced almonds a "dessert?" Once I figure out how to put some sound files on here I'll post some impressions of his voice. Still, don't get me wrong, the food looks awesome.







So, I will do my best to keep watching Mr. Chi. He has a good show, overall. Let's just tone down the pointing.

Labels:

 

12 Comments:

At 8/15/2006 4:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Dave Does fiasco is a disasterful fiasco. I'm so bummed it has been posted!

Thanks for the long-awaited Chiarello post, even though I'm the only one who has been waiting for it. He does always shove that ring in the camera, but he never mentions a wife. And, you know when these FN hosts have spouses, they mention them NON-STOP (Pauler and RayRay, I don't want to hear anymore about Michael and John). I will continue to strive to watch more Chiarello and obtain that elusive Napa Valley style. Which he has yet to mention on the episodes I've seen.

 
At 8/15/2006 5:08 PM , Blogger jacob said...

That's true about his lack of "wife" mentions-- maybe I take back my comment about his sexuality. His bio just says he's "married" and has "several" children. Hmmm...

I guess his "wife" is not like Jeffrey Garten and willing to appear on every episode that Ina's old lady friend/gay friend can't show up for.

 
At 8/18/2006 8:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I doubt he's secretly gay. Living his lifestyle in CA, he might as well be out..but yea, I think he's just pretentious.

 
At 8/20/2006 10:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, so this link below takes you to a picture of Michael and Eileen and their new baby in their St. Helena's home.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/article?f=/chronicle/archive/2006/06/28/DDGJSJKIRG48.DTL&o=0

This is a quote below from an article in the SF Gate.

"Chiarello's wife, Eileen, is a skilled photographer; her beautiful work fills the walls. His 22-year-old
daughter, Margaux, from his first marriage, straps his infant son, Aidan, from
his second marriage, into a bunting to take him for a stroll. At school are his
other two daughters, Felicia, 8, and Giana, 14."

This doesn't answer whether he is gay officially or not, but it does mean he has been married twice and has kids from both. Lots of family ties to be living an alternative lifestyle, for sure.

P.S. The reason Paula and Rachael Ray prattle on their shows about their hubby's is because Food TV paid for and sponsored both of their weddings. Another great reason to become famous . . .get stuff paid for.

 
At 1/08/2008 2:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Straight guys don't name, or allow anyone else to name their daughter MARGAUX....that is a fag hag name if their ever was....

 
At 12/16/2008 1:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok so my name is giana. I'm 17 and yes I'm michaels daughter... I'm here to disappoint u guys today. Margaux is a French name and they got it out of a movie. My step mom eileen Is a great person even if she doesn't look it. My dad is far from gay hahahaha funny and even sad on your part that you think he is.I love it how grown adults sit around all fucking day and discuss this shitt! You guys are so disgusting it almosts makes me laugh but then I think that's too harsh you guys are only grown people acting like fucking 2 year olds on this fucking thing. It really is sad. If u have any questions I would be more the happy to answer them except the ones that go too far.
Thanx
-g-

 
At 12/16/2008 1:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys don't ever think that his girls have grown up knowing people think their father is gay? Well it's probably the hardest thing ever. We grew up in a small town and still live here but not once would I think of someone by judging their sexuality and personality. It's disgusting and childish that most of you do. And it's a little weird having his 17 year old daughter tell all of you that you are being childish when I'm the child on this blog... I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

 
At 12/16/2008 3:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is, if she is telling the truth. She could be some sanctimonious poster who feels the need to "put people in their place". And clearly, by the sparse number of posts here, it's a non-issue. He's not running for president. But, her dad (if this is REALLY Giana) is in the public eye, so people are going to talk about him whether she likes it or not. If it were me, I'd ignore the things people said about my pop. Either that, or get a thicker skin honey. Oh yeah, and tell your dad to butch it up a little bit.

 
At 12/18/2008 2:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll b sure to tell him that... Mean while I'd like for u guys to get a life cuz it's really quite sad... And I really do mean that... :-) it's ok if u dnt believe I'm really giana but ur just making urself look bad saying that... Ask me a question... Any question at all since u think u no more about my family then I do... Pls do cuz I think this is entertaining... :-)

 
At 12/26/2008 1:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Y would my dad want to butch it up? He's got everything he needs... He's not a toy. Just cuz he's on tv and does al that doesn't mean he does everything everyone tells him to do... He's not that kind of guy. So lay off. I never jugde other people on tv an people that do, well I think really low of them.

 
At 2/04/2009 2:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, he's gay. And, pretentious to boot. I'll take Ina's Hamptons to Mike's Napa any day. Plus, food for food, Mike's style is Wal-Mart on FoodStamps and Ina's is fully-funded IRA diversified by three generations. Plus, Ina's got the fag-hag look, personality and her nails are always done right. Mike sucks and that's why they don't push him on the FN. I wonder how Tyler Florence would react to Mike? And, just in case FN cares, it's time to ditch RayRay and her EVOO and wild gesticulating. My lord, she's horrible and ignorant. I want to see Giada take those gi-normous Polpone (boobs) and smack the hell outta RayRay and her crappy food. Long live Ina!

 
At 3/13/2009 11:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LIKE MIKE

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive