about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Wednesday, November 1

Ina's In A Spotlight!

A few weeks back I asked, "Where is Ina?" and why isn't she appearing on the network talk shows promoting her new cookbook, Barefoot Contessa at Home (see link in the sidebar)?

Well, my prayers were finally answered, as Ina appeared this week on the
Today show.

She did a quick segment with Ann Curry about "make ahead" dishes for parties, one of Ina's signature traits.

I don't know if it was Ina's quiet, soft-natured speaking style (opposite of Ms. Ray) or something else, but Ann Curry just would not stop talking throughout the entire segment. Ina barely got a word in edgewise!







Ann was stirring her mashed potatoes! She doesn't even let Jeffrey do that, so don't try to get up in Ina's space-- especially during the rare occurrences she leaves the Hamptons. INA NEEDS ROOM!

Then, to make matters worse, Natalie Morales comes on and says, and I quote:

"I love your show on HGTV. I watch it all the time."




Does Ina have a show on HGTV that I'm not aware of? I'd be so upset if I hadn't heard about it. With that garden/plantation she has, she might as well have a show.


Natalie: if you're not sure which network, why even bother mentioning one? Ina's tone drops a little on her "oh, thank you so much" after the wrong Ms. Morales stumbles.

Sheesh!

I'm also very excited to report that Ina will be making a stop on her book tour next Wednesday, here in the D.C. area! She'll be appearing at Sur La Table on Nov. 8 from 12-2 p.m. in Arlington.

You can find more information on other stops at Ina's Web page. Jared and I joked that when we met Giada at her book signing we'd ask her "What's Ina Garten like?" so maybe if I get to meet Ina I'll just ask her questions about Giada. =)

Labels:

 

5 Comments:

At 11/01/2006 11:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe Natalie thought Ina was from HGTV! I liked Natalie, and now, I just can't trust what she's reporting. I hope she does her homework the next time she has a chef on the show.

 
At 11/01/2006 12:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ina warms my heart (and is the favorite of my roomie and I as well.) I'll definitely be catching her at our mall next Tuesday :)

 
At 11/01/2006 12:23 PM , Blogger jacob said...

Jessica: I know. I can only hope Natalie tripped up because she was nervous meeting Ina:-)

Anon: Cool! Send in any pictures you get, please.

 
At 11/01/2006 12:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to post with a name ;) My name is Kevin, and Ina (bless her heart) is on as I type this. I will do my best to get a photo.

 
At 11/03/2006 12:05 PM , Blogger jacob said...

Yeah, I'd love to hear about other book signings go all around the country. Let me know how Washington is if you go.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive