about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Monday, November 6

Pink is the New Thank You

Just wanted to give a quick shout out and BIG thank you to Trent of pinkisthenewblog.com for linking to my Martha Stewart/Rachael Ray post last Friday. Also, welcome to all of the visitors who came my way thanks to Trent!




I'll even forgive Trent for misspelling Rachael's name. If you've ever visited his blog, you know just how much time and energy he puts into each one of his posts. Forgetting the "a" is an easy mistake.

If you haven't heard of Trent and visited his blog before, where have you been? His gossip blog has received critical praise from all around and has placed Trent among the top bloggers of the nation (possibly world).

His site was also kind of the inspiration for my own blog. The thought bubbles and captions he uses reminded me of the fliers my friends and I used to make (Amanda will vouch for me) the old-fashioned way at Kinko's. We would cut up pictures and make silly little collages with thought bubbles, heads on different bodies, etc. We were so cool.

Anyhow, now there's this thing called Photoshop that kind of makes that whole process a lot easier. Still, I miss the Kinko's fun from time to time.


I figured I might get some flack for trying to combine the appearance of a gossip blog with a food blog, as I don't necessarily focus on the food itself. The way I look at it, there's more than enough blogs out there covering the food and recipes. Don't get me wrong-- I watch the Food Network for the food, too. I love food and getting good recipes, but as the network slogan goes, there's "way more than cooking."

Thanks again to Trent. I hope all of you continue to visit and let me know what you think. If you didn't read Trent's post yesterday, it appears he had a pretty scary night in L.A. on Saturday. I truly hope everything turns out okay.

Have a good Monday!

Labels:

 

5 Comments:

At 11/06/2006 6:09 PM , Blogger jolie said...

I found you through PITNB and am hooked - I'm glad to see you too appreciate the camp-fest that is sandra lee's show. cheers!

 
At 11/06/2006 6:28 PM , Blogger Stickyheels said...

I came the same way Jolie did -- love the food network and the your insightful disection of its stars!

 
At 11/06/2006 9:19 PM , Blogger jacob said...

jolie & becca: glad you both found me!

 
At 11/07/2006 3:07 PM , Blogger Madeline said...

Jacob - I am so excited for you! I read PITNB every day. You must be witnessing the power of Trent.

 
At 11/08/2006 8:39 AM , Blogger jacob said...

Thanks, madeline! Yeah, Trent is awesome.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive