about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Sunday, March 18

Should I Go See Robin Miller this Tues?

I read this Washingtonian story a few days ago about "Food Networkers" coming to DC soon for various events and felt a (slight) tinge of excitement. Up first is Robin Miller, who's making an appearnce this Tuesday at the Pentagon City Sur La Table (the same place as Ina's last signing that I tried to intercept).



It's Sunday--the day of rest-- so forgive me for no funny arrows or captions:-/

"Skeletor" (I think that's a copyrighted TWoP term) will be doing a cooking demo and book signing from 6-8 p.m. (much better hours than Ina's 12-2 p.m. on a work day).

Just like Ina's signing, I think it'd be fun to go just to check out the crowd. I sort of feel obligated to go since I have this blog, she's in town, and I didn't see her while I was in South Beach.

Hmm.... what to do, what to do? It'd be worth if for the candid photo opportunity, I'm sure.

  • Paula Deen will be here April 18 to promote her new memoir, It Ain't All About the Cookin' in a live interview. I feel bad saying this, but unless Bobby Deen shows up... I think I saw all I needed to know during the Oprah interview. :-)
  • Masaharu Morimoto will be here May 12 as part of the Smithsonian's "Japan WOW! From Traditions to Trends" series. That'd be fun. We'll see. I have some time to marinate on this one.

Also, Rachael's Chefography is on tonight. I'll probably watch, but i'm wondering if any new information will be shared that I don't already know. Hmm... anyhow, enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Labels: , , ,

 

5 Comments:

At 3/19/2007 8:24 AM , Blogger JordanBaker said...

I saw her new show this weekend, and I'm embarrassed to admit that I kind of liked it. She's less scary when she's helping people reorganize their kitchens than she is when she's teaching you how to eat chicken breasts every day for a week.

 
At 3/19/2007 8:38 AM , Blogger jacob said...

"Robin to the Rescue" or something? Doesn't she drive a minivan around in it with that emblazoned on it?

I've only caught it while flipping between E! and whatever is below the Food Network on Comcast. I'll have to give ole' skeletor a second chance.

 
At 3/19/2007 2:08 PM , Blogger Madeline said...

Yeah, you were right about Chefography - no real new information. But it was fun to see the video and pictures from the early parts of her career.

 
At 3/19/2007 4:20 PM , Blogger jacob said...

phew--- i spaced out and didn't watch it. i'm sure i'll be able to catch it again, though.

 
At 7/01/2007 11:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin Miller is unwatchable, phoney, has ugly hands

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive