about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Wednesday, July 4

New Season/New Show

Happy 4th of July of all you readers living in the USA. And a happy... umm... 4th of July (we didn't really get too creative with this holiday's name) to all you readers living in other countries. Live it up.

Sorry for no post yesterday. I was hoping that President Bush might commute my work week and pardon me from working Thursday and Friday but, alas, that didn't happen. So I took Tuesday off.

Anyhow, there's some shows premiering on Food Network this July-- one I already love and another I may grow to love. We'll see.



It's been a while since I've checked in with Mary Alice of Ace of Cakes (some fan club president I am) so I asked her to give us a sneak peek on what's happening in season 3.

"we are knee deep in filming season three, about to take our mid-filming break (we're working on episode 12 out of 26). lots of cool stuff this season...big events (harry potter premiere next week!) and new people and hilarity all around. the new season starts thursday july 19th."

That's right. Thursday, July 19 is the big day. Hard to believe they're already on their 3rd season!

Mary Alice also let me know that she, Duff and Geof will appear as judges on a Food Network Challenge episode, set to air July 15. She couldn't' confirm this date at the time, but it's now up on the Food Network site. Should be fun!

Also, on July 10 at 9:30e|8:30c, Bob Blumer, host of "The Surreal Gourmet" (used to be on Food Network USA, now on Food Network Canada), will return to FNUSA with a new primetime series, Glutton For Punishment.


[Photo courtesy Food Network]

I honestly don't know much about Bob, but I've read he has quite a following and this new "part travel show, part epicurean quest, part sporting event" might just become a hit.

Fun, fast-paced and full of practical information, viewers will watch as Blumer proves there is no distance too far and no challenge too intimidating for a genuine glutton for punishment. By relying on his knowledge of food and spirits, his physical stamina and his competitive spirit, Blumer attempts to triumph in new culinary arenas: whether he’s oyster shucking at the world shuck-off competition, wielding razor-sharp knives during a Benihana chef crash course or juggling bottles in a national Flair bartending contest, Bob undergoes intensive training as he attempts to face a daunting food or spirits-related challenge.

Now there are already quite a few travel shows on the Food Network, but this one sounds like it kicks Road Tasted's ass (sorry Jamie and Bobby).

You can find out more information on Bob at his Web site, www.bobblumer.com.

***************************************************

How is it that I have no picnics to go to today?! No potato salad, no hotdogs, not even a sparkler. I'll go have my own little gathering at Whole Foods, I guess:-/

Hope everyone has a fun holiday! Don't set off any mortar bombs in your face. Seriously.

Labels: , ,

 

6 Comments:

At 7/04/2007 4:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see Bob Blumer make a return to Food Network, I enjoyed "The Surreal Gourmet" during its short-lived US run. I'll miss the toaster-mobile kitchen, though.

Ingrid Hoffman's "Simply Delicioso" looks like it could be interesting as well.

Of course, there's never enough Mary Alice... ;)

 
At 7/04/2007 4:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, Fourth of July for the uncreative, "Independence Day" for the rest of us Americans.


Glutton For Punishment sounds interesting...although, anything is better than Road Tasted at this point.

 
At 7/04/2007 5:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So where do I get my Mary Alice Fan Club t-shirt!?

 
At 7/05/2007 10:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see "Ace of Cakes" has been renewed and 26 episodes per season are filmed. I'd want these people as friends, and, if I had the money, I'd want them to create a cake for my special occasion. As for the new unknown quantity, Bob Blumer, this show sounds like a cross between "Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern" and "The Secret Life of...", but that's just me.

 
At 7/05/2007 11:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL on your commute comments!

Harry

 
At 7/05/2007 7:58 PM , Blogger jacob said...

curmudgeonfish: yeah, i'm excited about simply delicioso. i'll try to get some info up about that soon.

mrs. l: all in good time.

jeff: yeah, i think 26 is a new record for them. it'll be nice to have a longer season.

harry: :-) wednesday holidays suck.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive