about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Thursday, March 20

Sandra Lee... What the hell?

The latest installment of: Sandra Lee... What the hell?

I love this delightfully cheesy interview of Aunt Sandy with something called She Knows TV.




It makes me a tad misty to think Sandra subjects herself to interviews that utilize Microsoft Powerpoint as their primary editing tool. I guess all press is good press.

I especially love the heart transition. Be on the lookout for it.

**********************

I'm still in recovery mode (as is Jordan Baker) from our Ultimate Recipe Showdown taste test last night, but will try to get a review up soon. Let's just say I wasn't left with my world being officially rocked, despite what the menu may suggest.

Ugh... I gotta go pick more iceberg lettuce strands from my teeth.

Labels:

 

10 Comments:

At 3/20/2008 11:59 AM , Blogger JordanBaker said...

The editing on that reminded me of the Simpsons episode where they make a dating video for Flanders--

Homer: OK, from here we star wipe to a glamour shot of Flanders paying his bills, then we star wipe to Flanders brushing his teeth. . .
Lisa: Dad, there are other wipes besides star wipes. . .
Homer: Why eat hamburger when you can have steak?

 
At 3/20/2008 12:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw this too, and I couldn't believe how horribly produced the video was!! Sandy just can't get a break, even her media appearances seem semi-homemade. I thought it was pretty amusing how proud she was for selling more copies of her grilling cookbook than Bobby Flay. I checked on Amazon and sure enough, Semi-Ho Grilling sold a few more copies than some of Bobby's books.

Matt

 
At 3/20/2008 12:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your mention of using PowerPoint for the editing cracked me up and it is so true!!! That was hilarious! Great post!
mundane

 
At 3/20/2008 1:30 PM , Blogger roopa said...

I LOVE that first shot of her looking all boozy - great work!! :)

 
At 3/20/2008 2:43 PM , Blogger Carol Blymire said...

I'm going to go buy a thousand Bobby Flay books this afternoon so she's not #1 at anything.

 
At 3/20/2008 2:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sandra Lee is knockin boots with Andrew Cuomo ?

I got my work cut out for me if I stand a chance of nailing her.

 
At 3/20/2008 3:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

More books than Bobby Flay. OMG. Has America really dumbed down that far? Scary.

 
At 3/21/2008 6:39 PM , Blogger Marc P. said...

Lmao that reference to PowerPoint made me laugh hysterically! It's so true. They're the cheesiest transitions that kids use in middle school.....NOT TV!

 
At 3/22/2008 8:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jay Leno called. He wants his chin back.

 
At 4/10/2009 1:38 PM , Anonymous Matt said...

Looks like ol' Aunt Sandy had one too many Jose Cuervos in the main pic :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive