about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Friday, May 2

What Ever Happened to Predictability...

Sorry for not posting yesterday. I was on a plane coming out west to beautiful San Francisco, so please excuse me for the next few days.

Anyhow, after my Food Network Nabs 8 Emmy Noms post on Wednesday (which I learned is a record number of nominations for Food Network), I quickly got a press release from the Sandra Lee camp, celebrating her two big honors: a Daytime Emmy nom AND inclusion as one of People magazine's 100 Most Beautiful People!


Sorry Kate Hudson--I took you off the cover and put Aunt Sandy on.

"On stands today, People magazine honors Sandra Lee as an All-Consuming Beauty in their special issue. Upon learning this was her category earlier this week, a humbled Lee commented, 'When I think of People's 100 Most Beautiful issue, I think of Jennifer Aniston, not me. She has great hair!'"

So true, Sandra. So true.

The press release states that this was the first year Semi-Homemade had submitted for the Daytime Emmy category of Best Hairstyling.

Sandra says, "If this means that my Semi-Homemakers are destined to have more great hair days -- then bless America!"

(I wish I were making these quotes up, but I'm not!)

*************************************

Well, Sandra may have great hair, but I'm off to find San Fran's greatest head of hair of all time: Uncle Jesse's. I'm very upset that the Bob Saget-hosted Wake Up San Francisco isn't really airing, though.

Wish me luck! Have a great weekend.

Labels: ,

 

7 Comments:

At 5/02/2008 9:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on, Jacob. Lay off Sandra Lee. It's getting old. By the way, has that Michael Chiarello guy come out of the closet yet? Did Emeril swallow a beach ball--what is with that gut? Or do you only make fun of girls?

 
At 5/02/2008 11:30 PM , Blogger jacob said...

Hmmm... I really do like Sandra. I'll respond fully in an upcoming post.

 
At 5/03/2008 3:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Jacob, lay off Sandra. I think you should devote more coverage to some of the Food Network's other gems, both male and female. What people need to know is that Sandra Lee is cooking stuff the networks ask her to cook and appeal to that demographic.

She is just picking up a paycheck.

Why don't you do a bit research on the Neely's for instance. Pick on Gina Neely.

Is it me or is this woman setting back race relations 25 years every time this show airs ?

 
At 5/04/2008 11:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachael (39) and Ingrid (43) also made the same spread in PEOPLE as Aunt Sandy (41).

 
At 5/06/2008 10:31 AM , Blogger Attila the Fun said...

Ew, Ingrid Hoffman? I can't stand her show...

Lay off on Jacob, I feel like his posts are just loving jabs at Aunt Sandy. Just like you'd raz your drunk Aunt or something like that. We'd all love to go binging on a Saturday night with her, so chill.

 
At 5/07/2008 6:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

the milkman, the paperboy, and evenin TV

 
At 9/19/2008 11:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sandra Lee is NOT beautiful. I've seen pics of her sans makeup and she looks like Mr. Ed - had Mr. Ed been a drag queen.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive