about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Wednesday, October 15

Macy's Party at NYC Wine and Food Fest

After the Duff Goldman-hosted dessert party SWEET (which I'll blog about later; I'm going in a roundabout order), I headed upstairs to the Macy's Culinary Council Star Party at The XChange.


But on the way to the elevator I saw Tyler Florence, who was getting mobbed by women (and some men) asking for pictures. He must have recognized me from our interview earlier this year, 'cause he actually stopped taking pictures to give me a hug! So crazy! Tyler is so nice to his fans.

The party was on the top floor of the building and right as I hopped on the elevator, Anne Burrell jumped in at the last minute. I think she mentioned something about waking up late that morning and barely making it to the CBS Early Show.

As we walked in, I told Anne how much I liked her show and was glad that it got picked up for more episodes. She thanked me for the "A+" review and even snapped a pic with me!

Food by some amazing chefs was being passed around, but I was too excited to eat (and pretty stuffed from all the desserts I had just eaten downstairs).

After briefly chatting with her downstairs, I got to talk (and dance and drink) with the one, the only, Susie Fogelson.






Giada De Laurentiis was there with her husband Todd. This was my first time speaking to Giada in person. She and Todd were both very nice and complimented me on the blog--Todd even brought up that "Birthday Idea for Giada" post. We talked about her new show and how the baby was doing (she was back home in L.A. with her family) and how it had been going back and forth.

I've seen her in person at a book signing before, but this was my first time up close. It's true, she is tiny! But very nice, people. I didn't get any "Princess Proscuitto" vibe at all. She certainly didn't have to talk to me for as long as she did; a million other folks were clamoring for her attention that night.

But the highlight of the night had to be dancing with some of the great people who work at Food Network (Carrie, Lisa, Lauren, Jannie and Susie) and help make events like these so much fun... and help a blogger out with content and pics all year long!

Even Iron Chef Bobby Flay got into the dancing spirit, although it looks like he lost a little interest halfway through. Watch for Bruce Seidel and Susie Fogelson, too.


P.S.- I didn't take this vid and can't be held responsible for bad dancing choices. ;-)

MSN has lots more pics from the event.

[Photos via WireImage]

Labels: , , , , , , ,

 

37 Comments:

At 10/15/2008 2:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jacob , what a beautiful picture of you and Giada . I've paid money to see Paula Deen before and regretted my choice . But , I wouldn't mind spending money for a ticket to see Giada . She seems like a real lady who's down to earth !

 
At 10/15/2008 3:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your site!

With your vast connections, is there any way that you could find out where Susie purchased the necklace she frequently wears (as seen in photo taken with you)?

 
At 10/15/2008 3:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to think this, but dude, it looks like you are bigtime brownnosing the hacks at FN . I think you would be campaigning for a gig somehow.

Another thing. How tall are you? Either Fogelberg and Anne Burell are 6'4" or you are sort of short.

Last. Macy's Culinary COuncil ?? What dat ? HAHAHAHA LOL

 
At 10/15/2008 3:55 PM , Blogger Prohomemaker.Com said...

Jacob, good for you ... glad to hear people gave you such wonderful feedback on the blog. Must be very satisfying to know even the FN folks are reading it. Thanks for the great report.

 
At 10/15/2008 4:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, that Anne lady looks like the female version of Guy Feiri! lolz!

 
At 10/15/2008 6:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting is that! I think it's wonderful that you got to meet and socialize with those Food Network Stars.

 
At 10/15/2008 6:28 PM , Blogger jacob said...

I'll try to find out abut Susie's necklace.

--

And, yes, I'm a bit short-ish... but those ladies were all in huge heels!

 
At 10/15/2008 7:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why does Tyler always have that SAME look on his face?

 
At 10/15/2008 7:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why does Tyler always have that SAME look on his face?

 
At 10/15/2008 9:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy...Tyler looking rough there. Very pudgy!

 
At 10/15/2008 9:55 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, nice gig, Jacob! Glad you had such a great time.

 
At 10/15/2008 10:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jacob, I want to be you!

Would you like to switch places with me and come take care of my three little girls and husband?

I didn't think so.

 
At 10/15/2008 10:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

alec smart...you're nothing but jealous. Stop sniveling.

 
At 10/15/2008 11:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ty Ty looks constipated! :D

 
At 10/15/2008 11:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now why would you say something so mean about Tyler? If you don't have anything nice say. Say nothing.

 
At 10/16/2008 12:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could have at least lowered the camera a bit and made the day of 99% of the men who watch her show.

 
At 10/16/2008 1:05 AM , Blogger Mediterranean Turkish Cook said...

I love watching the Food Network. It looks like it was lots of fun meeting all these Food Network stars!

 
At 10/16/2008 7:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not a great picture of Tyler but I still love him and he's a great chef (his recipes anyway. You are lucky Jacob meeting my fab 4 (Tyler, Bobby, Giada, and Ina).

 
At 10/16/2008 9:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tyler wants to GET.IT.ON.

Look at him. It's in his eyes. He's a panther for sure.

 
At 10/16/2008 11:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Gen" said : " alec smart...you're nothing but jealous. Stop sniveling" .

Not at all. Just making a honest observation. Nothing wrong with hoisting a few cocktails with these FN people, but I am starting to think Jake is in some way auditioning for a gig . And if that happens great.I'm sure Jake has bills to pay. I don't think FNA will be the same though.

And Tyler Florence does look like a predator doesn't he ?

 
At 10/16/2008 1:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

He would fit in because he has no objectivity. I love certain chefs, shows, and asppects of FN but I am objective and don't LOVE everything. I love this site but that vision is unrealistic. Oh well.

 
At 10/16/2008 2:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give him a break. Just the other day he told people NOT to buy FN's magazine, so he's not exactly following a company line.

 
At 10/16/2008 5:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Tyler a lot, but the dude needs to lose some pounds. It appears that he has put on a lot of weight.

 
At 10/16/2008 5:46 PM , Blogger soupee said...

Hey!!!! so nice to see you again. I had so much fun dancing with you and the crew too! next time you're in the city please come by the restaurant! xo, jannie..

 
At 10/16/2008 8:16 PM , Blogger Charles said...

Awesome pic of you and Giada Jacob! So cool you got to mingle. I saw Giada at a recent book signing but your right, it's nothing like being up close esp in a more casual atmosphere. And you shared an elevator with Anne B that's so cool. She is really good. I have to know, did she use that gruff voice when she was commetning you on the blog? LOL Aaaannnnd you met Alex! I like her show too. Can I come work for you Jacob?!

 
At 10/16/2008 11:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i will get slammed for this and i DO like anne a ton but jesus, she looks like a man in drag.

go ahead call me superficial.....

 
At 10/17/2008 1:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jaaaacob! You lucky dawg! How neat for you! You are just awesome and deserve every bit of this! How exciting! YAY for you!!!!

 
At 10/17/2008 1:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and Tyler...yuuum *drools* How utterly fantastic that he remembered you! What a sweetie (both of you)!

 
At 10/17/2008 6:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

U R 1 serious big time star fucker.

 
At 10/17/2008 8:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool pics Jacob. Like someone else mentioned, "I want to be you". VBG

J

 
At 10/18/2008 7:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just how large is Anne Burrell??!!

 
At 10/18/2008 11:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone, even Princess Giada, can be nice for an evening. Don't fool yourself; she knows you have a blog and wanted to avoid bad comments.

 
At 10/18/2008 11:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

For once I agree with Alec Smart. Jacob is BIG-TIME brown nosing the FN. Gag.

 
At 10/21/2008 3:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is your picture with Rachael Ray??

 
At 10/21/2008 11:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susie Fogelson is too cute. Great pic of you both.

 
At 10/23/2008 9:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susie Fogelson needs a good old fashioned rogering. From behind.

 
At 12/05/2008 11:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

To 'Anonymous' re: Susie's jewelry... Just saw this for you:

http://blog.foodnetwork.com/fn-dish/2008/11/28/black-friday-susie-style/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive