about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Tuesday, June 16

Is Giada Moving to Europe?

In a recent interview with Redbook, Giada De Laurentiis said she'd love to live abroad with her family, adding "Todd and I have talked about Paris or Rome. I didn't plan on having this career, I just rode the wave. And now I'm contemplating where it leads."

Hmmm...but will you still come back to do your guest judging stints on The Next Food Network Star, G?!?


Maybe she'll just be sort of like Madonna circa the still-married-to-Guy-Ritchie years and claim to live abroad, but still be back in the U.S. all the time.

This is the same interview that Giada addresses the non-rumor that there was a rivalry between her and Rachael Ray, and even though she says there is none, G didn't pick RayRay as the Food Network personality she'd like to cook her last meal:

Instead she said:
"Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa. She makes this chocolate espresso cake with this special sea salt, and there's caramel in it too. Espresso, caramel, and chocolate. It has that perfect combination of sweet-salt smooth, sticky but rich, fudgy kind of flavor. That would be my last meal. That's all I would want."

You mean you don't want a crusty bread sammie stoup MYOTO for your last meal, G?!

Labels: , ,

 

17 Comments:

At 6/16/2009 10:50 PM , Blogger Freddy said...

lol, I enjoyed the post. I hope she does not go to Europe. I too would have Ina cook my last meal. I want to go out in style :)

 
At 6/16/2009 11:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, don't mock the crusty bread sammie stoup MYOTO! That's a BLD meal if ever there was one! Yum-O!

:-)

 
At 6/17/2009 9:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is full of it. Whatever Giada!

 
At 6/17/2009 9:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good riddance!

 
At 6/17/2009 9:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rest assured, Giada and her humongous noggin aren't going anywhere.

 
At 6/17/2009 9:30 AM , Anonymous Alec Smart said...

If this is the case, perhaps Todd can work as a " fashion designer" at one of the premier fashion maisons in either Paris or Milano.

I'm sure Giada can make some calls. Hey maybe Todd can design the next Versace or Chanel collections. Giada could bring snacks over for Karl or Donatella.

Wowee.

 
At 6/17/2009 12:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yawn. Buh-bye!

 
At 6/17/2009 12:20 PM , Blogger Lord of Light AZ said...

Me I would go with Alton for my last meal, but Ina is a good choice, too. I mean who are you left with that are really chefs? Tyler Florence, Anne Burrell, Alex Guarnaschelli, and Bobby Flay are the only ones left with shows and only 2 are on left on TNFS.

If Giada want to go to travel, why not. Most of you don't like her.

 
At 6/17/2009 12:43 PM , Anonymous Matt said...

Oh I wish Big G would move...but knowing her, she'd still get an FN show. And hell, if I was gonna die tomorrow, I'd want Ina to cook my meal too...I wanna go out in style, not having a "stouper special stoup" or one of Aunt Sandy's super super russsipes.

 
At 6/17/2009 5:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what to think about Giada anymore. I always liked her show, and each of the many recipes I made from her show turned out awesome, so I thank her for that.

However, she really seems nasty on TNFNS, as if she has completely forgotten how awful she was when she first started out. I wish she'd have some compassion and give these kids some tips, instead of coming off as sour as as she does.

For my last meal, it would be a toss-up between Ina and Tyler. I'd love anything they made for me, but I'd probably go with Ina just so I could hear her calming voice in my last moments. *sniff*

 
At 6/18/2009 11:13 AM , Blogger Christa said...

I think Princess Giada's very frank comments for the contestants really make the show...I'm just waiting for every eye-roll and sarcastic comment. Really, it's part of what makes it good TV...

Although it'll be great to have Ina on there soon for some much-needed balance.

 
At 6/19/2009 9:25 PM , Blogger Charles said...

I agree with Christa! Why be a judge if you are just going to b.s. them and sugarcoat the fact that what they made wasn't so spectacular? Helllooo! I will admit I'm not crazy over Giada's current format though. Errr'day Italian was just fine.

I want RR to cook my double chix dumpling stoup for my last meal. It's truly Yum-O! And I want Ina to make her Ultimate Ginger Cookies and Anne Burrell's pignoli cookies.

 
At 6/20/2009 8:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

honestly i didn't find Giada to be all that nasty this time around. last year.. yeah. this year i feel she was about the same as everyone else.

but then again maybe i'm just a bitch.. haha..eh

 
At 6/20/2009 11:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you read the FN blogs and video by Suz, she acknowledges that they got a lot of comments about how nasty The Italian mouth was.

 
At 6/23/2009 5:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Debbie = Shamu

 
At 6/23/2009 8:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The real Giada always emerges when she judges the Next Food Network Star contestants. No smile, just an icy look and condescending comments. Frankly, I hope her show goes away … bye bye Giada. It’s time for a new format and a new FN star. I’m so sick of hearing “and now”, which sounds like a meow. If I had a dollar for every meow or “and now” that she says every two seconds, I would be able to retire just about now (I mean meow).

 
At 6/27/2009 8:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would be glad to provide the cream for Giada's gelato any time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive