about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Wednesday, December 2

Where the F Has Dave Lieberman Been?


Longtime Food Network Addict readers know fondly about my affinity for Food Network's onetime golden boy Dave Lieberman.

I reviewed and commented on his show Good Deal and his webisode series Eat This and Dave Does, often (check out one of my favorite posts on Dave here) and even got the chance to chat with him for a few moments at the South Beach Wine & Food Fest back in 2007.

Thennnnn...he kind of disappeared. His show stopped taping new episodes (my TiVo sometimes records the random Good Deal repeats, perhaps to honor ole' Dave) and his website/blog went dormant--actually it never really got started to begin with. (He has since relaunched his website and blog, although it hasn't been updated since June.

Now, he doesn't seem to be cooking all that much--least in front of a camera. He is, however, doing a video for Rockport shoes... and that's good enough for me to post!




He still looks good, but let's take a look at him in his more youthful days:



Keep on keeping on, Dave!

Labels: ,

 

6 Comments:

At 12/02/2009 8:40 PM , Blogger Luke said...

He looks about ten years older.

I like him, but I never thought he was a very good fit for the Food Network.

 
At 12/02/2009 9:45 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I thought he was great. I actually have both his cookbooks and was wondering the other day what happened to him!

Thanks for the post.

 
At 12/03/2009 8:59 AM , Blogger Jaime said...

I always liked him, I made a bunch of his recipes and they were good too.

 
At 12/03/2009 8:36 PM , Blogger Benjamin said...

Agreed, always liked Dave. I have one of his cookbooks, use it all the time. Liked him for the same reason I liked "Naked Chef" with a pre-fame Jamie Oliver. Simple, inexpensive, solid recipes that turned out well, likable guy, adorable as all hell.

I used to wonder if there was something going on behind the scenes with him. His show didn't run that long, then he was banished to the website and finally kicked out for good. Always seemed like a bizarre decision to let him go.

 
At 12/03/2009 11:16 PM , Blogger Freddy said...

Amen Jacob, I totally love Dave and even met him at a Macy's event. Such a nice guy. I really wish we could see him more on TV. Keep the light burning Dave :)

 
At 12/04/2009 10:19 AM , Blogger Alec Smart said...

Lieberman probably refused to whore himself out like most of the other FN manufactured personalities that get the fame whore bug.

I enjoyed his shows. Even if he was a major mommy/grandmommy's boy it had an element of realness
Is he queer ? Is that why Jake is always asking about him ?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive