about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Friday, September 18

Paula Deen to Shoot Talkshow Pilot with Kate Gosselin

Rumors indicate that the initial deal Paula Deen supposedly signed with Telepictures to do her own talkshow didn't really go anywhere, despite a tearful announcement by Paula herself back in May of 2008, saying that the show would premiere this exact month.

Well, things ain't always what the seem, Pauler.

Like I said originally, I don't think Paula has the kind of MASS appeal that you need to have a successful talk show. I get why a talkshow-lite (a.k.a "Paula's Party") would work on Food Network--it's her crowd, it's cable, it's not big stakes.

So what do you do when the host doesn't have enough appeal? Ummm... hire someone who has an hell of a lot of controversy attached to her!


I twittered about this a few days ago, but now RadarOnline reports that Paula Deen is shooting a talkshow pilot this weekend with Kate Gosselin, star of the TLC... wait, do I even need to explain who this woman is? ;-) Didn't think so.

The show is supposed to be about mothers... talking. A talkshow for mothers. Got it? It's very far out there.

If anyone saw Kate's appearances on The View this past week, I don't think we're in for anything worth watching... if it even sees the light of day.

We shall seeeeeeeeeeee.

Labels:

 

12 Comments:

At 9/18/2009 1:41 PM , Blogger Little Ol' Liz said...

Great. A show about butter, bacon grease and nannies. Where's the mothering in that?

 
At 9/18/2009 2:04 PM , Blogger Alec Smart said...

This is as low in the barrel as you can go.

You're right Jake. Pauler totally lacks appeal . At one point, she did have some but her "transformation" and her antics over the past few years have taken any lustre away.

Maybe the "new" lewd,lascivious greedy,driveway dumping, shill anything Paula has intelligent people saying no thanks to her .

Kate Gosselin is just another fame whoring mom living off the miracle birth of her kids and a TV show that dumb and bored housewives think is intriguing .
I imagine this new show's target audience would be aimed somewhere between the feeble minded and the chronically unemployed.

 
At 9/18/2009 4:19 PM , Blogger vanillasugarblog said...

please
no
no
no

 
At 9/19/2009 10:35 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

Ok, Paula has officially "jumped the shark", and I wish I had never heard of the Gosselin's.

Lisa @ joyincooking.blogspot.com

 
At 9/19/2009 12:03 PM , Blogger Lensman158 said...

Oh my God!!This sounds like a dream come true for any housebound agoraphobes with sexual addiction issues. I am watching Paula as I type this... she just commented on her son Jamie's "Hiney" and then gave him a pat on the ass. If her other son comes out of the closet on her talk show, that could be a crowd pleaser.

My nominee for "sidekick": Queen of the pigs, Gina Neely. Between her and Paula, there would never be a shortage of inappropriate comments and sexual innuendos.

 
At 9/19/2009 12:31 PM , Blogger Rick B. said...

When I went to nursing school I worked with experienced nurses who were two things - examples of the nurse I wanted to be, or examples of the nurse I NEVER wanted to be.

These two ladies are examples of the mother NOone should want to be.

 
At 9/19/2009 12:58 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I think I speak for everyone when I say: NOOOOOOO!!! I have had enough of these two women...
And I wonder how all-organic Kate is going to deal with Butter Lovin' Paula.

 
At 9/19/2009 8:34 PM , Blogger Baking Bread said...

I love Paula Deen but I am mad that Kate Gosselin is getting her own show. I guess they give a show to anyone.

Jennifer Moore
Baking Bread LLC
www.bakingbreadllc.com

 
At 9/20/2009 12:20 PM , Blogger Barbara said...

Oh Dear God no!

 
At 9/20/2009 1:38 PM , Blogger Wicked Good Dinner said...

This is so disappointing. Why would Paula want to associate herself with this controversy? Sounds like a desperate move to stay in the limelight. I guess the Deen philosophy of "not trying to get too big" doesn't apply any longer.

I certainly will not be watching.

 
At 9/21/2009 6:20 PM , Blogger organizedblogroll said...

No, Not Kate.....

How disappointing.

 
At 9/26/2009 10:17 PM , Blogger sawslow said...

Kate better not be mean to Paula like she is to Jon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive