about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Sunday, October 18

I Think I know What Alex Does On Her Day Off

I caught the first episode of Alex Guarnaschelli's new show Alex's Day Off this morning and was very inspired to cook some breakfast foods in loads and loads of bacon fat. (If you didn't catch the ep, Alex cut some ridiculously large bacon slabs for her special breakfast meal and then used the grease to not only cook the eggs but also as a topping that she ladled over the tops.)

I'm not sure whose choice it was to get rid of Alex's "Cooking Loft" format, where she was surrounded by a small group of supposed students (I know someone who misses the "hot, tattooed guy," so that's a tragedy), but I find Alex by herself in the kitchen just as good.

Alex is sooooooo descriptive about what she's cooking, what she thinks about what she's cooking, and what she's thinking about what she's cooking. She appears so into the process that sometimes I forget she's talking about food and think she's moved onto something else entirely. Something strangely... erotic? Take a look and see if you see the same thing:



People may talk about the Neelys being a bit sexual on their shows, but I think Alex's delivery might contain the most sexual metaphors on Food Network! I'm all hot and bothered after hearing Alex talk about heat and oil and something called "total goo". ;-)

Yum! Overall, a great first episode. I look forward to more, Alex!

Labels: ,

 

11 Comments:

At 10/18/2009 10:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

she kept saying to be ridiculous...pretty fitting when you consider all the bacon fat

 
At 10/19/2009 7:24 AM , Blogger khanada said...

I really shouldn't like her, but I do. I guess it's since I caught an episode of Cooking Loft before I ever saw her on Chopped, so I didn't get to see how much of a bitch she can be, lol.

She brings something completely different to the table than anyone else on FN, and in this case it's a good way since she actually knows what she's talking about.

That said though, I had a heart attack just watching her cook all this. This food is easily two or three breakfasts in one, and things I'd only do on special occasions at that. Though I think if you eliminate a couple dishes, cut the bacon thinner, and get rid of the excess bacon grease, you've got a pretty nice special occasion breakfast.

 
At 10/19/2009 9:41 AM , Blogger Sydney said...

I love her and think there's something oddly sexy about her anyway! I loved The Cooking Loft and wondered why that didn't continue. She's a great teacher and I love the way she talks about food. I find her and Ina Garten are the only women (to me) that aren't annoying with their catch phrases and made up words.

 
At 10/19/2009 10:00 AM , Blogger Alec Smart said...

Her lumberjack breakfasts might explain her massive bum.( Which they cleverly hide).

I wonder how they came up with the show's name.

Do you think they pilfered it from the other chef from Montreal ?

 
At 10/20/2009 3:51 AM , Blogger Prohomemaker.Com said...

Never much could get into the loft program ... I guess I just didn't like having all the "students" there. I think one on one will be better

 
At 10/23/2009 11:10 PM , Blogger Wicked Good Dinner said...

Ridiculous(ly) good! Loved the new show...but do hope she nabs some additional adjectives.

 
At 10/24/2009 12:11 PM , Blogger Charles said...

I like ALex. She knows how to cook AND throw down! Yum! I do agree with another post elsewhere on the site though, regarding having to get up with the chickens to make all that she made for a big breakfast. Not the bacon and eggs so much as the donughts and stuff. And her way of cooking bacon and eggs is very old school, very country. My dad grew up on that of cooking from his Mother and he's 74 and kickin'! Don't be skeered of the grease and egg goo! Like Sunny said, "sop it up with a biscuit".

 
At 1/31/2010 3:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I WISH ALEX WOULD COME BACK ON.,... HER PROGRAM WAS THE BEST ON THE FOOD CHANNEL.....I AM GETTING VERY TIRED OF SEEING GUY, AND BOBBY FLAY....

 
At 4/10/2010 12:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I only the only one who doesn't like her? She can cook, no doubt, but I don't like her delivery. It's as if she's trying oh so very hard to be like Nigella, who's sexy without trying. Trying to be sexy makes me want to turn the channel. Well, I did after 20 minutes.

 
At 5/23/2010 5:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like Alex! She has a magnetism that locks me into her face and has me hanging on her every word. It's kinda hard for me to decide which one is my favorite between Alex and Ina. Both are fabulous!

 
At 12/02/2011 5:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guarnaschelli is a fat oompa-loompa. i want to punch her face in the vagina.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive