about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Wednesday, December 31

Food Network Addict - 2008 Year In Review, Part II

And now... the exciting conclusion to my 2008 Year in Review

In July, I reclaimed my love for Mary Alice, the first Food Network star I ever interviewed...


...and subsequently started a fan club in her honor... I caught the MAJOR screwup on Food Network's website when it accidentally revealed the winner of The Next Food Network Star four days before it was to be announced...


... we learned of Aaron McCargo Jr's win (although many of us knew beforehand)... I interviewed the great Ted Allen... and I found the WORST article about Food Network ever.

In August, I interviewed Ask Aida herself, Aida Mollenkamp... we learned that Adam Gertler was getting his own show too... I was the first to post about Tyler Florence's new baby being born at 8:08 a.m. on 8/8/08...


... Rachael Ray was named the top-earning celebrity chef ($18 million last year)... the Duff Goldman minimate action figure was released, while I wondered when the Giada PEZ head would be coming out...

... and we saw Sunny Anderson eat a bite of the world's hottest pepper...


In September, I posted one of my most commented-on posts when I questioned Gordon Elliott's motives with his shows...


... we learned about Food Network partnering with Hearst to release a magazine... we saw Isaac Mizrahi be a big douche on Bruce Seidel's first episode of the FN Dish... Rachael Ray turned 40 and got a strange birthday message from her owner friend and business partner, Oprah Winfrey...


... we saw that Alex Guarnaschelli's The Cooking Loft was a great show... I revealed a big secret... and I had a chat with Giada De Laurentiis.


In October, we learned that Hillary Clinton turned down a request to appear on Paula Deen's show Paula's Party... I attended a very fun party at the New York City Wine & Food Festival and got to meet Anne Burrell, Giada, Susie Fogelson, and even got to see Bobby Flay bust some dance moves (by himself) on the dancefloor...



... I had an amazing birthday dinner at Alex Guarnachelli's Butter restaurant... I found Giada's new show to be very "nice"... and we saw Sandra Lee doing what she does best: dressing up in crazy costumes.


In November, the election was the big story, so I posted about which Food Network stars donated to campaigns... we learned that Kelsey Nixon is getting a Food Network show, too... when confronted by the paps, Guy Fieri said he "just does commercials for Friday's"...


... Ina Garten's Thanksgiving Special (I was a special guest) aired...


... we learned that Robert Irvine is coming back to Dinner: Impossible... we got a peek inside Giada's new home... and I found Rachael to be looking pretty good lately.


And finally, in December, we learned that Nigella is over being called the "domestic goddess"... I hoped I was NOT that "Guy" back in the day... Food Network offered tours of its studios... and I wished you all Happy Holidays!

******************

What a fun year 2008 turned out to be. It's hard to believe some of the things I had the chance to do this past year (party at the Versace mansion in Miami, talking to Sunny and Giada in New York, flying to Ina's house and getting a helicopter tour of the Hamptons, etc.), and can't really imagine how 2009 could be much better. We shall see, though.

I hope everyone has a great New Year's and awesome 2009. I really appreciate all the comments, emails, suggestions, and alerts (a lot of posts come about thanks to very perceptive readers). I hope to have manymore interviews, giveaways, and other fun stuff to keep you entertained throughout the entire coming year. Be safe tonight!

Labels: , , , , ,

 

9 Comments:

At 1/01/2009 6:35 AM , Blogger Prohomemaker.Com said...

Amazing how I went through the list, and said, "I remember that one, and that one ..." That tells me how memorable your blog is Jacob. It's always my "lunch break" when working. All the best for the coming New Year -- maybe you can be Ina's houseguest in the barn! ... Or at least drinks with Aunt Sandy.
:-)

 
At 1/01/2009 12:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to go over some of these posts. You are so spot on in your comments about Gordon Elliot - particularly poignant after last night's NFNS 4 marathon and Big Daddy's next season starting soon.

 
At 1/01/2009 1:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great year! :)

 
At 1/01/2009 1:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I saw Sunny eat the World's Hottest pepper, I thought this woman will do anything for exposure. Ok jackass, we get it.

Probably more entertaining than her show.

 
At 1/02/2009 4:27 PM , Blogger Lys said...

What a great wrap up and, Jacob, thank you. Your blog is informative, entertaining and just one of my fave spots on the web!

Happy New Year!

 
At 1/03/2009 2:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There were definitely a lot of cool things that happened on this blog this year, but I gotta admit, the way this post was written felt a bit obnoxious! Keep up the great work, but don't let it go to your head...

 
At 1/03/2009 1:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone know where I can see the naked Mary Alice Yeskey photos circulating on the Internet ?

 
At 1/05/2009 11:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunny. Please. Go. Away.

 
At 1/09/2009 9:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oprah.Please, Please Go. Away.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive